Chapter 5

"I'm heading out manager-hyung," Youngjae called out to Jinyoung, who was helping a customer a couple aisles over. Jinyoung poked his head around the aisle shelf and waved at his co-worker, "OK, go home safely," he said through an eye-smile. Youngjae smiled back, waved, and backed out of the store into the cool evening air. He turned around and bumped into something solid.

He opened his eyes to see that he'd bumped into Jaebum and a pretty woman, their hands were linked. Youngjae took a step back and quickly bowed, "Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," he politely apologized to them both. "No problem," Jaebum told him patting his shoulder.

He turned to Satomi and smiled at her, "Do you need me to walk you to your car?" he asked her. Satomi smiled and shook her head, "No my car is around the corner, I'll be fine," she assured him as she shoved her hands into her jacket pockets. "Well I had a good time," Jaebum told her as he tucked some of her long brown hair behind her ear, "We should go out again."

Youngjae's eyes widened at that, 'He's dating someone?' he asked himself as he took another step back, 'Then why'd he kiss me?' Satomi smiled up at Jaebum, her pretty dark brown eyes shining under the streetlamp, "Definitely," she agreed as she backed away, "Well I should get going."

Youngjae watched with wide eyes as Jaebum leaned down and kissed her; he didn't mean to, but he counted the seconds: 5 seconds. It physically hurt him with every second, he felt like his heart was breaking. By the time they pulled away he was 85% positive that his heart lay in a crumbled mess somewhere behind his pancreas. "I'll call you later, Satomi," Jaebum promised with a smile as he tucked away her hair again.

Youngjae felt his stomach turn when Jaebum flashed his sexy 'cool guy' smile at her again; after they had that kiss, the only person Jaebum should be smiling at like that was him.

The blushing Satomi dumbly smiled before she exited, stage left. Inwardly, Jaebum smirked as he threw a concerned look Youngjae's way, "Are you ok Youngjae-ah?" he asked the stone still younger placing a hand on his shoulder. Youngjae looked at Jaebum and absentmindedly nodded; he wasn't even sure what the question was, there was too much blood pumping in his ears.

Jaebum nonchalantly nodded and breezed past Youngjae into the store. He was going to continue playing it cool, but he knew Youngjae was upset and he was applauding himself on how good an actor he was. Right now, Youngjae was feeling exactly how he felt yesterday.

"What the hell are you doing JB?" Jinyoung asked his best friend upon entry. "What are you talking about Jinyoungie?" Jaebum innocently asked his friend placing a hand on his shoulder. Jinyoung pushed his friend's hand away, "Why did you kiss that girl in front of Youngjae?" he asked him crossing his arms angrily, he was not a fan of the little show his friend had put on.

"So now it's against the law to kiss my date before she leaves?" Jaebum defended while grabbing a pack of gum from the rack beneath the counter.

Jinyoung glared at the back of his friend's head and pinched his side, "I'm pretty sure you know Youngjae likes you JB, though he thinks he's hiding it well, it's painfully obvious. And as sharp as you are, you probably picked up on it a long time ago. Also, you told me you like him too, so why were you out with that girl?" he queried, "And more importantly, why were you flaunting her in front of Youngjae? Are you trying to break my precious dongsaeng's heart?"

"He didn't seem to think about me when he was on his date yesterday," Jaebum stubbornly said as he dropped the gum back down. Jinyoung scrunched his face up in confusion, "What? Youngjae is not dating anyone," he said firmly shaking his head. "Well he seemed pretty comfy with his 'not-date' yesterday," Jaebum mumbled using air quotes.