Chapter 16: Jinyoung's message

A/N
JINYOUNG LAYS ALL JB'S SHIT BARE. All I know is that Jinyoung is a true mother and a true savage so he had to lay all of that shit down, For his child, Youngjae.

Jinyoung glared at his best friend as he blocked his only escape. Jaebum sighed tiredly, “Look Jinyoungie, I didn’t come here for a lecture, just some aspirin,” he said, his tone just begging the younger to let him pass. He’d successfully paid for his medicine without running into his, no doubt angry, best friend; he should’ve known he’d be intercepted at some point. Jinyoung crossed his arms and shrugged, “I’m not going to lecture you JB,” he said shaking his head.

“Then why are you keeping us hostage?” he asked looking down at his sleepy, pajama-clad, little sister.

Mina yawned widely and rubbed her eyes, “Yes oppa, why? I want to go back to sleep,” she whined adorably. Jinyoung gave Mina an apologetic smile, “Mina, why don’t you head to the backroom? There’s a small couch back there you can lay on,” he offered to her. She nodded, unhooked her hand from her brother’s, and made her way towards the back. Jinyoung glared at his friend again, “Do you know where Youngjae is right now, Jaebum?” he asked him crossing his arms again, his back pressing into the glass door.

JB shook his head choosing to keep quiet, their fight from last night still weighing heavy on his heart, mind, and partially his body…he was very sore for some reason. “He’s at his apartment, where he’s been all day…crying his weight in tears,” Jinyoung revealed, his dark brows furrowing to showcase his annoyance. Jaebum quickly lowered his gaze as his friend continued, “And do you know why?” the younger slowly asked, “Because the one person he trusted most with his heart shattered it into a million microscopic pieces.”

“And do you want to know what the most disgusting thing about that is?” he asked poking his best friend in the chest, “That person did it on fucking purpose.”

Jaebum knitted his brows and pushed his friend’s prodding hand away, “You don’t understand,” he tried to defend.

“Oh I understand JB, Youngjae gave me a full blow-by-blow of what happened. He said something to you that hit a sore spot and you retaliated by throwing him up against a wall and telling him that he was basically an extended booty call,” Jinyoung snapped angrily. Jaebum swallowed hard and glanced down at the floor again, that was exactly what happened, but he had good reasons for why he reacted so hysterically.

“How could you treat Youngjae like that Jaebum? I thought you loved him,” Jinyoung said. Jaebum squeezed his eyes shut and answered, “I do love him.” “Then how could you tell him something so hurtful? So fucked up? Could anything he said really have been that bad?” Jinyoung questioned, confusion and frustration apparent on his normally soft features.

Jaebum sighed solemnly and said, “It’s complicated.” But it really wasn’t, it was very simple to him. It was something he had to do. “Well your ‘complications’ just cost you the best thing to ever happen to you and your sister,” Jinyoung easily stated. Jaebum shrugged, “There will be other people,” he mumbled.

“Don’t you even try to write Youngjae off like that. He’s not your standard, one-dimensional boytoy. He put in the work to be able to get to know your sister and establish a separate bond and relationship with her. How many of your exes actually did that? Actually cared enough to try? You know that you will never find anyone like Youngjae, no matter how hard you look. Youngjae is grade-A hubby material and you know it,” Jinyoung said indignantly.