Chapter 12: Camping Trip Starts Today

Chapter 12: Camping trip starts today

Jacobs POV

I woke up feeling excited and a little sad. I wasn't going to be seeing Ella until Saturday. I got ready and grabbed my medium black suitcase and headed for the kitchen. Dad was getting ready our food for the journey and then our meals for when we got there.  

Conner and his dad Sam arrived around half an hour later with all their stuff and the big black SUV. Me and Conner loaded up the stuff including the two tents sleeping bags and finally he food. Minutes later we were off on the road on the way to our camp site.

I called Ella saying that we had just left, that I'll see her Saturday morning and sadly this will be the last time I'll be able to contact her as there is no signal up near the mountains and finally that I loved her. She spoke in a soft tone but I could tell she was hiding the sadness in her voice. She said that she hoped that me, Conner and our dads have a good time and that she loved my to and couldn't wait to spend the day with each other on Saturday.

We ended our call as we got closer to the mountains and me and Conner said that when we got there that we would go looking for fire wood so we could get that sorted as soon as possible.  

We arrived around an hour later. We helped get everything out of the boot of the car and me and Conner headed into the woods to find fire wood, while my dad and Sam put up the tents.

Together we managed to gather around 14 meter length logs and carried them back to campsite. Dad got the fire starting, Sam was picking out dinner and me and Conner got our tent sorted. We laid out our sleeping bags and put our suitcases at the end where our feet would be.  

I saw Conner sitting cross legged on top of the middle of his sleeping bag looking blankly into space. "What's up Conner?" he flashed out of his daydream and faced me. He wore a smile, one that I had not seen from him in a long time. It was his 'girl' expression. Conner didn't say anything as he expected me to guess what be was thinking and ask the question. "So who is she?" I asked casually placing myself opposite him.  

"Umm... well it's... Sophie. ELLAs friend." I smiled at him. I had a feeling that he had a thing for her a few weeks ago when we numbed into her at the mall. She was buying Ella's birthday present at the time and didn't have time to chat. But I noticed the slight bright happy look in Conners eyes as she walked passed us and waved. "Oh really? When did you start liking her?" I asked him another question.  

"Officially, when we bumbled into her that time at the mall, but I saw her at the movies one night at the weekend. Sunday I think it was. We got talking and it felt like love at first sight. She was waiting for a friend but then called them saying that she had plans, so we watched a movie then took a walk in the park..." Conner trailed off. I gave him a pat on the shoulder and a friendly smile.

We came out of out tent a half hour later and sat around the fire to keep warm. We ate sandwiches and then made smores. First we all had two biscuits then melted our marshmallows and finally dipped it in melted chocolate. They were delicious and I told myself that me and Ella should definitely make them sometime. I think me and Conner had around four each wile our dads ate two.

Up in the mountains it started to get late and dark soon. We kept the fire burning and we all played dares. I loved playing dares. Ella wasn't to keen on it so I hadn't played for ages. We made some really stupid ones like sit in you underwear until your next turn. Conner got that one and I felt a little sorry for him until he gave me my dare. It was to jump into the river in my pajamas so I wouldn't be able to sleep in them. I hit his head but did it anyway as our forfeit would be to fake, but realistically make out with a tree.

By 10:30 we all headed off to sleep. I had to sleep in one of my sets of clothes I had bought with me for another day. I would so get payback in the morning. I drifted off to sleep and dreamt about me and Ella in one of our alone time moments.

Ellla's POV

I was just getting mine and Sophie snake ready and bringing them to the sky room, placing them on a small glass table, where I took Jacob last week. I thought that it would be nice to sleep in there for a change instead of my room. I had laid out mattresses on the floor with pillows and duvets.  

Sophie would be here soon and I was just getting the finishing touches ready. I had been to the garage to get out the lemonade and some cocktail ingredients.

Around ten minutes later Sophie knocked on the door and I let her in and took her to the sky room. She placed her bags on the long dark purple sofa and sat down to examim the room. I had put up some fairy lights along the edge of the feeling so as it got dark we would still have light. I had closed the curtains that were along the half glass walls so there was just the glass ceiling that let the moons light be on show.

I offered Sophie a drink and we headed to the kitchen. I made us tropical cocktails with lemonade and put it into two tall glasses with a thin pink draw and a pink paper umbrella. We went back to the sky room and at at the top end of it carefully placing our cocktails on the small glass table where I had Leo placed the snacks.

Our convosation started off with Conner. I could tell by the look on Sophie face that she was desperate to tell me the entire story slowly and to make sure she included every little detail, not missing out on one thing.  

As I listened to her talking I finally heard that happy, excited sound that you have when talking about someone you have a crush on. I gave me such happyness for her and I showed it by listening carefully and giving her a wide smile as I took in all the detail.

As it was getting later I made us another drink and we got ourselves into our pajamas. We nibbled on popcorn and talked for another set of hours. We got to the topic of the dance and it was my turn to do all the talking. I told Sophie all about our romantic dancing and how I felt so happy to be with Jake in his big warm embrase for hours.

By the time it was two in the morning we decided it was time to get some sleep. I lay in my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep with Jake in my thoughts. No doubt Sophie was thinking of Conner. I smiled.

**************************************************************************************************************************** 

Please comment, fan, vote. Please tell me what you think I would love to know. ;) xx