Chapter 24: The next day

Here it is. My next chapter. I hope you like it.

Please comment/fan/vote. They really maker me smile when I get an email to say I have comments on a story or a new fan :) xx

------------------------------------

Chapter 24 : The next day

Jacobs POV

I woke up from a long tiring sleep. I sat up in the brown arm chair. I noticed that Ella's hand had remained in mine for the entire night. The clock read 7:40. Was it a Tuesday? Man, I have work today. I ignored it. No way was I going to leave her. I saw two glasses of water on a small table. I reached for one and gulped it down. I felt hungry but I wasn't going to leave this room unless I had to.

I looked out the window and saw Doctor Carlisle standing in the hallway. I stared at him without trying to be rude, until he noticed me and walked into the room. "Is everything ok Jacob?" he offered.

"Doctor, when do you think she might wake up?" I asked pleadingly. My stomach growled then. He chuckled and replied "Soon and I'll bring in some breakfast for you both. Give me five minutes" I smiled and he left the room.

I looked back over to Ella. Again nothing. I sighed. I hope it wasn't much longer. I thought for a while, then breaking my thoughts my phone rang. It was my dad.

"Hey dad"

"Hey Jake, how is she?"

"Still no different from last night. She has rested all night and I am starting to loose my patients. It's worrying me why she won't wake up already." I exclaimed and took a deep breath.

"Jake, calm down. She is going to be fine. And you know it. Just take it easy." he reassured me and I smiled, not that he would have been able to tell.

"Thanks dad. And um by the way, I am meant to be at work right now but really don't want to leave Ella."

"Jake don't you worry about that. I have called them up and explained why you won't be there. Conner is looking after it. They understand you situation and hope that Ella gets better soon." I sighed in relief.

"Thanks dad. I'll talk to you when there is some change. Bye" I spoke into the phone for the last time.

"Goodbye son. I love you" my father ended and hung up.

Carlisle appeared in the doorway with a tray of food. On the tray was a plate with some pancakes. There were two yoghurts, two glasses of water, two fruit pots and some forks and spoons added with a few napkins. I smiled and thanked him as he sat it on the small table. I ate the fruit and drank half the glass of water.

Suddenly Ella's eyes started to flutter. She opened them up slowly. I was at her side and took her hand. "Jake?" she whispered. I stroked her hand.

"I'm right here Ella" I reassured her and rubbed circles on the back of her hand. I was so happy that she had finally woke up and spoke.

"Jake. What happened?" Ella asked sweetly. She moved her hands to the side of the bed and lifted herself up a little to prop herself up a bit more. "Ahhh" she moaned.

Ellas POV

I lay there. Not knowing where I was or what had really happened. The last I could remember I was shouting our Jakes name and then feeling the most painful experience I could ever imagine. But now I think I was lying on a bed. I could feel a soft pillow and blanket on my skin. My stomach was tight and rapped in something. On my hand was something warm that was somehow calming me down. I couldn't quiet work out what it was but it was stopping me from screaming out in pain that I felt from my waist. It was burning through me. What had happened to me.