Chapter 9: Birthday Time

Chapter 9: Birthday time

Jacobs POV

I woke up at around 7:00. I was hoping to get to Ella's at 9ish. As I still had two hours I lay in bed for and extra half an hour thinking of what she may have inline for today. I got dressed into jeans and my black v-neck top that ELLA got me a while ago. I put on my favorite converse trainers with the blue laces and headed downstairs after fixing my hair.

I made myself some breakfast and looking over at the time every now and then. I ate my cereal and toast without rushing but didn't want to waste time. Once I was finished I wrote my dad a note saying that I would be a Ellas for the day for her birthday. I placed the note on the table hoping that my dad would see it when he came into the kitchen.

I went back upstairs and picked up part of Ellas present and went back downstairs picking up the other part of it before heading out the door with my keys. Before driving off I sent my baby a quick text saying 'Happy Birthday my Ella. I love you with all my heart and I will be with you soon. Love your Jake xxxx'

I sat her gifts on the passenger seat so I could keep an eye on them. Then I decided that they would be safer on the floor. I set off in my car to Ellas house feeling, happy, excited and confident. I wore a huge grin.

Ellas POV

I woke up and yawned. I glanced over to my clock. It read 7:45am. I rubbed my eyes and then it hit me. Today was my Birthday. Today I was 18. I smiled and looked to the other side of me to see Sophie still asleep. I shook her shoulders and whispered wake up in her ear. She blinked a few times and then spoke. "Happy 18th Birthday Ella" she had a tired but kind voice. Leah must have heard us or was just up early, as she was in my room within minutes jumping around my side of the bed singing Happy Birthday. I chuckled and sat up to give her a hug whilst saying thank you. She was gone then but returned seconds later with a box wrapped in silver patterned rapping paper. It looked a bit heavy and was a large type rectangle shape. Leah placed it at the base of my bed. I sat closer to it with my legs crossed. I tore off the paper chucking it to the floor. I have to admit I was very excited; I had always loved birthdays even if they weren't always mine. Laid in front of me was a white cardboard box. I feared off the tape and opened it up. There was some styrofoam and I lifted it carefully out of the box. I gasped in excitement and full of surprise. There in the centre of the box was a brand new shiny white laptop. I had seen the advert for it like a hundred times and fell I love with it after the first advert.

I carefully picked it up out of the box and placed it on my lap. I opened up the screen to look at it. It had a full size keyboard and a huge screen. On the bace it had a circle which you would push for a special screen pen to pop out. You would twist the screen around and place it down so it was like an interactive board to wright on with the pen provided. I put it to the side of me so I could give Leah a huge hug. Sophie looked at the laptop and I could see that she seemed just as excited as I was.

Just then my parents came into my room. I looked up at them and gave them a massive thank you hugging them both tightly. They smiled and gave me a kiss on the head. Dad held something in his hand. He passed it to me. I opened up the card first. On the front of a cream card was a light pink flower pattern and silver writing saying 'Our daughters growing up as the years pass by, but we can never forget her through our cry' I opened up the card to find a check fall onto my lap for £250. I gasped and tears welled up in my eyes. I looked up at my parents to see if it for real. They smiled in return. I read the card and then opened the small present. It was a white scrapbook so I could place photos and memories in it, so I could capture all my best moments. I slipped off the bed and gave my dad a hug; leaving my mum till last. I sobbed in her hair a little. I was so greatful of all that they had done for me. I couldn't possibly thank them enough no matter how hard I tryed.