Chapter 4

*Janessa*

Jimmy was a brown 'Cavalier', so small that I could pick him up in my two palms. His light brown fur was very shinny and smooth.

After playing with him for two hours in the living room, we became very good friends

I gave him some milk and bread crumbs. I decided to bring him dog food while I go shopping for myself. I picked Jimmy up in my arms and took him to my bedroom. I had to get ready for shopping.

I left Jim on my bed, between 4-5 cushions and took a quick warm shower. Then I wrapped a towel around myself and got out. As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I saw Jimmy sitting there looking at me and swinging his tail very fast.

"Awww my baby! Waiting for me?" Saying this I picked him up and kissed his smooth and soft head. He just kept making low noises throughout the room as the little one couldn't bark.

He wanted me to cuddle him but he had to get cleaned too. We were really bonding very fast. I then gave Jimmy a shower and cleaned him. Now he was water soaked and was wrapped in a big towel. He looked so pretty that I wanted to cry.

"You are so cute! I love you baby" I ran my fingers under his chin softly.

Soon I got dressed into a baby pink plain tshirt dress, put on a faded blue denim jacket, a silver plated necklace and white sneakers. Then tied up my hair in a high perfect bun and pulled out small hair strands to decorate my face.

Can I take Jimmy to stores? I don't think they will allow me in with a dog. After I got ready, I dried Jimmy, grabbed my big black handbag and put him into it. He was so tiny.

"Are you ready for shopping Jim?" I asked him in a childish accent.

Why do we talk to children, puppies and kittens in a childish accent? What difference does it makes? They must be cringed inside.

He was innocently gazing at me. I smiled at him, got of the house, locked the door and sat in my car. I placed Jimmy free on the seat, out of the bag. All he is used to do is walk to my lap every time I kept him on the seat. I then let him be on my lap, inside the seat belt.

After driving for a few minutes, we reached the mall. I bought some stationery and other college stuff. Finishing that I went to clothing stores and started filling my cart with different types of fabric.

I was looking through tees, t-shirt dresses, basics, jeans, shorts, almost everything a girl needs to wear on daily basis and at weekends.

"Do you like these jeans?" I asked Jim but indirectly me. Seeing it he stuck his tongue out.

"Okay I'm taking this! Thank you baby" I laughed. He was being a good friend and a better shopping partner than Judy. She just gets lost into the store after a minute or 5 and leaves me alone.