Chapter 2 : Werewolf Rules

Shortly after telling his mate that he would be meeting him by the front of the manor when he was ready to go, Beck was following Hyde through the long, spacious hallway in a silence that made the tall male wonder what this was all about. It all seemed so abrupt and out of the blue because despite being Henry's older brother, the hellhound almost never really talked to him unless it was truly necessary, which wasn't rude or anything that offended him, that was just how Hyde was as a person. He never talked to anyone besides Rebecca unless it was unavoidable. As time passed and no words had yet to be said further on the subject, curiosity got the better of the feline-hybrid, which was ironic in a way that few people would truly understand, and he took the risk in questioning all of this. "So, uh, Hyde.." He began, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand as he glanced at the raven-haired male that walked about a foot in front of him right now, "What's this all about? You know that I'm going on my honeymoon soon, right? I probably have an hour before Henry is ready to go." Beck usually did not go on when it came to questioning the motives of others, he was overall a very laid back person, but again, it all seemed rather weird without any context or anything for that matter. "I know that as much as you do, which is why I need to explain a few things to you before you go away for a month." The hellhound finally mentioned, not looking back when he said this, "I'm usually not one to involve myself in your relationship with my brother, but since we are technically officially family now, it would be the right thing to do." Beck was both touched by the canine-hybrid's words and also just more confused - what did he mean by explaining a few things? Was there something going on that he did not know about? So many questions ran through his head, but the male stayed silent as his brother-in-law continued with his words. "I promise this won't take long and you'll get plenty of time to be with your new mate." Hyde said as he drew to a stop in front of the door that Beck recognized as Rebecca's main office area, "We'll talk in here because it is a private matter, Rebecca is currently sleeping in the bedroom." With that now being said, the raven-haired hellhound opened the door and walked inside, beckoning for the taller hybrid to follow him. Beck raised an eyebrow as he stepped inside and watched as Hyde went over to Rebecca's large wooden desk and sat down in her leather chair with a small sigh coming from his parted jaws as he leaned back in the seat. "I've never actually had the chance to sit here, by the way, and now I know why my girlfriend likes it so much - it is rather comfortable." He murmured, mostly talking to himself as Beck sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk with his hands rested on the armrests on both sides. "Alright, I'm here like you asked and all ears." Beck said, blinking at Hyde, "What do you want to talk about? I do hope this is very important."

The hellhound looked down at his hands that were laced together in front of him with a slight chuckle coming from him before he proceeded to get a more serious look on his face. "Oh, this is very important, trust me about that, I would never dream of wasting your time, especially since you make my younger brother so happy these days." Hyde remarked, "It is not a life-or-death situation if that's what you want to hear from me before I go on. This is just something that you are worth being informed on since you married a canine-hybrid." Beck did not comment, only giving a slight nod as he listened respectfully to his words without further questioning. "I assume that you are not familiar with werewolf rules." The hellhound now said before Beck shook his head, confirming the male's assumptions, "That's completely fine since very few people know them in general. Rebecca knows them, which isn't really a surprise if you think about it, but that's not the point. Henry and I are a unique breed. We're hellhounds, creatures with the commandment of fire and known to be very stubborn. I'm willing to admit that last part, though Henry sometimes is not, which just proves it more to be true. We're not technically werewolves since we can change on command and don't need a full moon to do so when it comes to being wolves, though we do follow certain rules and traditions of being a werewolf. We also have the instincts of a normal wolf." The taller male simply nodded once more to this, not really surprised by this, only wondering where this was going on the topic of conversation. "Okay. What's your point?" Beck commented and Hyde leaned forward, resting his laced hands on the desk as he looked at his brother-in-law with a darkened look in his scarlet-hued eyes now. "Like werewolves, when we find our 'soulmate', which is the one that is destined to be by our side until we die. Normally, our species finds the one when we are around nineteen years old, but there have been rare cases, which is where Henry and I are in categories where we found our mates at younger ages. You are, without a doubt, the one for my younger brother and the one that he has chosen to be his mate. The same context goes for me and Rebecca, though my brother has proven himself much more to you than I have to her, I will admit that with a heavy heart," Hyde paused for a second or two before speaking again. "That being said, when we find our soulmates, we tend to get territorial, which I believe is the right word for it. We want our soulmates to be ours and only ours, meaning that nobody else is allowed to have them, but us."