Chapter 17.

Ivy's P.O.V.
___________

To be totally honest, for the first time in my life food did not help. Leaving the lunchroom was only accompanied by the realization that i would have to talk to James.

I walked towards the hallway I'd asked him to meet me in and silently hoped that he wouldn't show up. Sure enough, he was already there. I slowly walked towards him, regretting asking him to be here.

"So are you going to answer my question?" He asked me. His posture was relaxed, leaning against the wall. It was pretty obvious that he was less angry after realizing he was wrong about Marcus.

"Your question was stupid, so how about i ask one" I replied, my arms crossing over my chest as my eyes scanned over him. I didn't know how many times i would search his body for any imperfections, but i did know i wasn't finding any.

"Why did you even need me to help?" It was a question i'd wanted to ask for a while. Obviously Lia didn't care about dating or any of that. She jumped right into the bed with James, or at least that's what i assumed happened.

"I didn't think she was going to be that easy" he replied, searching my own appearance. I shook my head, "but you thought i was" I added, answering the question for him.

It made sense, and it was obviously true. His hand reached up to the back of his neck. That was how i knew he was guilty.

He had used me to get with Lia because i was gaining popularity and Heaven knows nobody would turn him down. He believed i was an easy target, and turns out i was.

I was angry but that emotion left my face as i saw Marcus round the corner. I quickly opened the door next to us and pulled James in, flipping on the light to reveal a big janitors closet.

Really cliche at this moment.

I sighed as i looked at James who was confused, "i like the kid but he talks a lot" i explained. James nodded and then stopped, asking his own question.

"So why exactly are you mad that i kissed Lia" the boy asked, as if he already knew the answer. I rolled my eyes. "The same reason you were mad about Marcus".

It was a blur as i was suddenly against the wall with his arms on either side of my head. My eyes were closed as i felt his breath near my face, slowly i blinked my eyelids open and was met with his stare. "So, you were jealous" he asked carefully, looking smug. I hated that.

I hated him.

My face twisted into a look of disgust although i think it was just me feeling sick from the feeling in my stomach". are you admitting that you were jealous, Cassidy" i asked, referring to him by his last name.

He stared down at him and i didn't know if i should conclude that the look in his eyes was lust or anger, but i decided i would find out. "To answer your question, yes i was jealous." I told him. I don't know why i admitted that.

I guess i was done with lying. Done with lying to the boy i loved. "Ivy" He whispered, as if he didn't even know what to say. My eyes gazed into his as a lump formed in my throat, he knew i liked the way he said my name.

"James" I replied carefully. I wasn't able to get the words out as all of a sudden the door opened and a man stood on the other side. He peered around the corner, not looking our way. Grabbing a broom he backed away and then closed the door.

I let out a breath i didn't know i was holding. I met James' eyes again and upon seeing that we were both relieved, i laughed. At first he seemed puzzled but then his own laugh left his lips.

I didn't know how it happened but we were both laughing in a janitors closet, forgetting about the anger we had felt only moments before.

That was the first time he said the words, the first time he told me the one thing i was so afraid of. The thing that made me fall in love with James Cassidy.

"I love you Ivy" he said quietly. I heard him through my loud laughs and i instantly quieted, looking at his face which seemed so sincere.

I almost coughed as i looked over at him, trying to find words that would make sense. "You're lying" i managed, him just smiling lightly and shaking his head.

"No, I love you" He said, this time louder. I was still angry from before so that must have gotten the better of my words as i replied to him.

"Well um.... I loved you before you loved me so fuck off" I said, quietly. Really Ivy, mad so you tell him you love him as a retort?

His eyes seemed to lighten, as if he was unaffected by the fact it was supposed to be rude. There was no warning before the boy leaned down and placed his lips on mine.

It was the first time i had tasted James Cassidy's lips, and it was better then i expected. If i thought his eyes reminded me of brownies then i should have thought of the fact that his lips would taste like pure chocolate batter. He seemed to agree as he pressed his lips against mine firmly.

James Cassidy, I was in love with him.

I'd known it, i knew it, and i believed it. Because even though James Cassidy had lied to me and James Cassidy had used me. James Cassidy loved me, and i should believe that.

But i didn't. Not yet.

I pulled away from his kiss, leaving him looking damaged. "did they dare you to do that" was my last question, one i didn't need an answer to before i left the closet. Why was i doing this? Why couldn't i enjoy this kiss. Why didn't i realize sooner that James Cassidy loved me.

The answer was the fact that i was a colossal bitch. I wanted to turn around but i didn't, even when i heard him call my name down the empty hallway, i didn't turn around. Because i knew he would prove me wrong, and i wasn't ready for that.

_________________

Okay, so i hope you guys aren't too mad or think this is being dragged on. But you have to try to understand from Ivy's perspective. He's lied to her countless times and she doesn't know what to believe.

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed. Btw there's a preview of my next book on my profile page and i would totally love to see you guys send me some covers. It would mean a lot, thanks so much.

Xoxo, Nahty.