Chapter 10.

James' P.O.V.
____________

Something was different from yesterday, because yesterday i saw Ivy as a girl, but today i saw her as 'Ivy'. I saw past the girl, to the person underneath. I saw how truly beautiful she was because she looked happy in that dress and her smile was genuine and sweet.

But in one sense today was the same as yesterday, it was all still just for pretend. I was not dating Ivy Senten and Ivy Senten was not dating James Cassidy, but i wasn't disappointed. I mean, she never really was dating me and she never will be.

Still something seemed to want to battle that idea, something in the pit of my stomach. 'Probably just my dick' was my last thought before i sat down with Ivy at the table and looked across at her. "Ready?" She asked as she looked at me, i nodded. I was a bit nervous, it wasn't because she was there obviously but more so because there was a lot of pressure on tonight. I'd never been to a dinner as nice as this.

Why was i even here? This wasn't benefitting me or my goal. But it was benefitting the beautiful girl in front of me. I can say beautiful right? It doesn't mean anything it's just a word.

I shook my head and watched as Ms. Senten and Mr. Remelia walked to the table and set down the food. The other guests sat around the long dining table before Mr. Remelia sat at the front and Ms. Senten took his place at the other end near us. "Alright everyone, dig in" Mr. Remelia said as he and his fiancé picked up their silverware. I could practically feel Ms. Senten's eyes burning into my skull but i tried to ignore that, it was a fake relationship to me but to Ms. Senten it was real as can be. I carefully picked up my fork and knife, cutting off a piece of steak.

Ivy's P.O.V.
_________

First off, he was cutting his meat wrong so that was a con. BUT....actually nevermind, he was also cutting the butter wrong along with using the wrong soup spoon. The only reason i knew this was because since moving here i had made sure to practice proper etiquette. I looked at my mother and passed her that look that for some reason lets your mother know everything on your mind... that look doesn't exist but she got the point after me making several weird faces. I stood "please excuse us everyone" i said to the businessmen and women before beckoning for James to follow me.

He stood up almost too quickly and followed after me as if someone was chasing him. Once we got to the staircase i whispered to him, "are you okay" i asked trying not to laugh. He waved my worry away, "Pssht I'm fine" he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes, he was overly cocky for sure.

"You're using everything wrong" i said quietly. He seemed to lose his smirk as he relaxed, breathing out and ruffling his hair as if he was disappointed in himself. "I'm sorry Ivy" he said, it was the first time that i saw a genuine apology from James Cassidy but it was too bad he was apologizing for the wrong thing.

"It's alright" i said with a small smile as i grabbed his hand, "follow me" i said as i led him towards my room. Luckily i had unpacked all the boxes so it wasn't a mess. He walked behind me and when we got to my room he looked around, surprised. "Wow this is nice, i expected it to be a wreck knowing you".

I playfully hit his arm and laughed before falling onto the bed and looking at him, "yep, figured we could get away from that dinner for a minute" i said. Even though i was acting cool, i was also scared about the dinner, knowing if i messed everything up I'd never hear the end of it. So since this was new i was on edge even though I'm sure that Casey was also nervous. She had seen this type of stuff but she didn't seem all too used to it, and i couldn't imagine ever being able to perfect my dinner mannerism.

The boy walked around and looked at my decorations I'd recently set up, his eyes landing on an old yearbook on my dresser, "oh i didn't know that you went to my old middle school!" He said as he picked up the book and began flipping through pages. My eyes widened as he looked for me, if he saw what i looked like then he might remember me and that would cause my night to spiral downwards. I walked over, snatching the book away and looking at him.

I had no idea what to say so i just set it down, "i didn't, it's Casey's and she left it in here" i stated, he nodded, avoiding the topic. He continued to walk around before turning back to me, "so what now" he asked. I shrugged before taking out my cellphone and sitting on the bed, pulling him next to me.

"We should probably convince people were dating right" i stated. I knew that everyone believed the lie but i needed something that would convince everyone that this was in no way some type of game (even though it frickin is) so a picture would be perfect. I smiled next to him and in the picture he looked at me and smiled. "Wow, you actually look like you like me" i grinned before posting the photo. I looked over at James, "good work partner!"

James' P.O.V.
___________

I didn't know if she was taking the picture when i looked down at her, i was just admiring her smile. When she said that it looked like i actually liked her it made me think. Did i like Ivy Senten?

___________

Hi everyone!

I was so surprised when i saw how many reads this story was getting, that's amazing to me. I would love it if you commented and maybe went back to previous chapters and comment on some things you like or don't like so i can make the story better! I'll write a reply to everything that i can! Thanks so much.

Xoxo, Nahty.