Chapter 11.

Ivy's P.O.V.
_____________

I had already received several likes and comments on the photo about ten minutes after posting it. 'Awe you guys are so cute' and 'couple goals' are only some of the responses the photo received. I looked over at James who was pretty close to me, "it looks good" i said, totally forgetting that are bodies were pretty close to each other. He seemed deep in thought but when he woke up from his thoughts he coughed and moved away, "yep" was all he said.

The response was a bit weird from the seemingly happy James, only a few minutes prior. Maybe the photo had made him upset? "I can delete it if you want?" I asked him to which he shook his head. "That'll only make it seem suspicious" he said with a small smile before standing up and lending his hand down to pull me up. With the help of his strong grip i was pulled up from the bed and standing next to James Cassidy, who was looking down at me with a weird look in his eyes.

"What is it?" I asked, feeling my face to make sure nothing was on it. He just stared at me, causing me to feel a bit awkward as i stood there and tried not to meet his sharp gaze. I could feel his eyes raking over me carefully as if he was inspecting everything.

My phone buzzed and i looked down at it hoping for a distraction, and thankfully Lias username popped up on my screen. Lia, it had been a while since i had thought about the girl who was slowly getting friendlier with me. It was only a matter of time before i could somehow convince her that James was a good guy but not my type, and that maybe she should go out with him. It seemed like an odd plan but i had agreed to it and there was no backing off now. Plus, why would i want to? He obviously cared about her and it was cute.

So why did it make me feel bad? As if i was being used or something? I had practically signed a paper clearly stating that i was AGREEING to be used. But who wants to be used by an insanely gorgeous human?

"Look, Lia commented" i said aloud, hopefully causing him to look at my phone instead of me. He faced the small device and nodded, "what did she say" he asked, i sighed happy that his gaze had left me. I swiped the screen and scrolled down, looking for her comment. She had typed a heart emoji with the words 'you guys are the cutest'. I frowned, it seemed like she was more in love with the idea of me and James then the idea of her and James.

When i looked back up at him to see his reaction he was already looking at me and our eyes met, his brown ones gazing right into mine. It was then that i realized how beautiful James Cassidy's eyes really were. It was like brownie batter, and god only knows how much i love brownies (aka a lot).

The thought of brownies was disrupted when Casey knocked on the door and turned the knob slowly. I don't know why but i instantly moved away from James, as if we had been doing something wrong which cause my step sister to apologize frantically. "I'm so sorry i just wanted to let you guys know that the guests are leaving" she said before shutting the door once again. I looked back at James, "i guess I'll be going" he said, stepping towards the door knob.

"Bye, Ivy" he said before walking out of the room. I fell back on my bed, sitting at the end of it, my eyes not leaving the door he had just walked out of. How could he make my name sound so good? My name which i had heard thousands of times, every time he said it, it was if i was just hearing it for the first time.

James P.O.V.
________________

As i walked down the steps i met Casey at the end, "Listen Casey I'm not interested" i said, pushing past the blonde girl who was most likely just trying to seduce me. With my questioning of the 'do i like Ivy' situation, i wasn't in the right state of mind for her annoying voice.

"James" The girl said, her voice seemingly quiet. That was new. I was used to her obnoxious statements and annoying high pitched whining. I turned to look at her and for once her features weren't screaming at me, she was looking down, almost as if she had something important to say.

"Don't hurt her" was all the young girl said before she walked out of the entrance room and towards the kitchen to help her parents. I watched her walk away, utterly confused before realizing she was talking about Ivy. How could i hurt Ivy when i didn't even have Ivy.

Not that i wanted Ivy but i was used to having everyone so obviously i was upset about it. I walked out of the door and into the cold night, walking towards my car. Suddenly the front door swung aside and Ivy was walking towards me, looking a bit confused.

"I like the way you said my name" was all she said before she wrapped her arms around my torso. I stared at her confused before wrapping my own arms around her too. Something about Ivy, was different, strange. She backed away, "goodnight" was all she said before she pecked me on the cheek.

It was something couples would do. Ivy walked back inside, closing the door behind her and leaving me out in the dark. For once i wanted to tell for a girl to turn around, but i couldn't. Because Ivy wasn't mine and that meant that i couldn't ask for her back. You can't ask for someone to return if they weren't with you in the first place.

Besides, something told me this wouldn't happen again. So i didn't wipe the kiss off my cheek like i did with Casey and every other girl rather i got in my car and drove home where i would continue to think about the beautiful girl named Ivy Senten.

A girl who was too good for me and my lies.