Chapter 9.

Ivy's P.O.V.
__________

This school year was bound to be totally different. I was living in the biggest house I'd ever seen and I, supposedly, had the best boyfriend ever. I skipped down the stairs, excited to see where the day would take me.

I had been upset about the change at first but seeing how joyful my mother was, I couldn't help but smile. A few maids were busy with cleaning when I walked towards the kitchen to see my mother and Mr. Remelia sitting at the table and drinking coffee. Casey was near the fridge grabbing a protein bar. I looked at my new family, I'd never get used to saying that, and spoke.

"Good morning" I chirped, sitting down at a empty seat and looking at the food options on the table. I decided to eat two pancakes and set them on my plate. "Morning" my mother said with a grin and Mr. Remelia soon looked up and smiled also. Casey seemed to ignore me but once she made her way back to the table she began talking.

"Hurry up so we can go to school" she said quickly, not even looking at me. I thought briefly before realizing that I had to go with James, whom I had already texted the address to.

"I actually have a ride" I said before the girl walked out. She shrugged and grabbed her car keys, "fine by me" she muttered and then walked out. I ate and than walked back to my room, finding an outfit and throwing it on before applying some makeup. Soon enough I heard a beep and ran downstairs, exiting the house and walking to the Nissan.

"Morning!" I called as I sat down and buckled my seat belt. The male glanced at me before starting the car and beginning to drive. "Somebody's happy today" he said as he flashed the turning signal.

"Just excited" I stated before turning up the radio. 'Loyalty' By Kendrick Lamar and Rihanna was playing so obviously I sang along. James just laughed and pulled up to the school, taking his kea and exiting the vehicle. I followed suit and looked at all of the kids who seemed to be watching us.

"When are they going to get over it" I asked James as I walked over and took his hand, smiling sweetly. He smiled back "I have no clue" he said through gritted teeth, causing us both to laugh aloud. He walked me to my class and that's how the day started.

___________

'Wow, What does he see in her'
'I know right'

Voices were chattering about me in the hallways, taunting me almost. I sighed as the gossip continued before I heard a familiar high pitched voice. "Would you two shut up" Casey said to her two friends. I didn't dare look over but I knew it was her, telling her friends not to talk about me.

I smiled slightly before packing my bag. I heard the voice behind me once again, this time speaking to me directly, "hey loser" Casey spoke. I looked at the tall girl, eyeing her Prada bag before responding.

"Yeah?" I asked her. I knew she wouldn't be totally nice to me on front of others so it didn't surprise me. I stood, waiting for her to tell me why she was talking to me in the hallway. I tapped my foot, knowing James would be here soon.

"We have a dinner with my fathers boss tonight and there is no way you're going like that" she said accusingly as she looked over my outfit. I was wearing a pair of jeans and a black Nike shirt so I didn't see what was wrong. However, I wanted my mom to into e that I was thinking using to fit in with the new lifestyle.

"What do you suggest" I asked the girl, before a devious smile spread across her face.
_____________

I felt... pretty.

After I had told James I had to go somewhere else after school, Casey had driven me to the mall. We'd shopped at the stores that I wouldn't even look at last week. I'd found a few nice outfits and a dress for the dinner that evening.

Casey hadn't been nice but she hadn't been rude either. She'd tell me things like "eh I'd look better" or "no way can you pull that off" although I couldn't miss her rare smiles. We'd had fun.

When we got back to the house (which i still couldn't believe i called home), it didn't take long for me to text James and tell him that dinner was starting soon. Earlier at the store i had been texting him about the event, he wasn't excited but he had agreed much to my surprise, after all i thought this whole relationship was only to benefit him.

Before i knew it the door to my bed room opened and Casey stood on the other side of it, smiling. When she saw my appearance she frowned, "why aren't you dressed yet" The girl pouted as she made her way into my room. I casually scratched the back of my head, shrugging. She waved her hand as if to say 'forget the excuses get ready'. I obeyed her silent words and stood up, taking my Charlotte Russe bag and walking to the bathroom. After i had successfully put on the rather difficult dress, i walked out. Casey's eyes lit up as she looked at me, "you look good" The girl said, her voice quiet.

I smiled, "thanks Casey" i replied before looking in the mirror. I'd never really seen anything like it, the dress hugged all of my barely visible curves perfectly and it was still not too tight as to the point i would cry. Casey, standing behind me spoke up, "James will love it" she said before scanning her eyes along the dress with a smile. Although it seemed like a simple sentence it wasn't only that, it was Casey saying that she understood her boundaries and she would stay away from my 'boyfriend'. That was a true sister right there.

I turned around and hugged the girl. Just a few days ago this would have been a nightmare, but now it was like a dream. I pulled away and looked at my step sister, "when's your date going to be here?" I asked quizzically, she hadn't really told me anything about him other then the fact that he existed and i was excited to meet him.

"Who knows? Boys am i right?" Casey joked before pulling me along the hallway and towards the stairs. We walked down the staircase, both of us dressed to perfection and looked for my mother and her father. They were in the living area talking about dinner preparations when we walked in. My mother almost dropped her coffee when she saw me standing there. "Sweetheart" she said with a broad grin as she walked my way and pulled both me and Casey into a hug. "You both look beautiful" she said before Mr. Remelia walked up and agreed, "alright family, let's get ready for dinner shall we?" His voice loud as he told us all our jobs. I was to set the table which would be easy.

Making my way towards he kitchen and grabbing the supplies, i set up 23 neat table seatings. Casey was busy with cleaning he entry way while my mother and mr. remilia were getting together the last minute food preparations. After everything was ready to go we heard the first knock on the door to which i smiled and went to get it. It wasn't someone i knew but apparently Casey knew them as she walked up and hugged him. He was tall and blonde, handsome and a perfect match for Casey.

I shot her a thumbs up and she laughed before walking back to the dining area. I was about to shut the door when i saw James jogging my way with a smirk, it wasn't long before that smile dropped when he saw what i was wearing. His jaw was a bit slack as he looked me up and down. "Could you stare any harder" i asked with a roll of my eyes.

The boy shook it off and walked past me, "yeah right, you wish you looked as good as me" he said as he flipped his imaginary hair. I chuckled and closed the door, following the boy towards the table where we sat down near the end. The night could only improve, at least that's what i was hoping as the visitors showed up.