〖2〗Japan x Reader | Hugs & Kisses & Totoro

Skipping down the path, I hum a little tune to myself, a smile present on my features. Today is my one year anniversary with my loveable boyfriend Kiku. Or as many others know him, the representation of Japan. In order to celebrate the day, I went and bought him a present, and am going to go visit him. I bought him a large plushie doll of Pikachu, his favorite Pokemon. I hope he likes it. I had called him the previous day, to ask him if he wanted to hang out, and he agreed, inviting me over to his house.

It's times like these that make me so happy. He's always so busy with training, and I'm always doing work, so we don't really see each other that often. Arriving at Kiku's dentoutekina ie, I remove my shoes, and step in. "Kiku? Are you here?" Coming from the living room like area of the home, came a "Right here." Smiling, I prod down to the said room, his gift hidden behind my back.

When I neared his sitting area, he looks up from his tea, and gives me a small smile. "Konnichiwa (Y/N)-san. How are you today?" Grinning back at him, I plop down on the cushion beside him. "Hello, Kiku!!!! I'm great, thank you for asking. Say, I have something for you!!!!" His face lit up, and he shook his head. "You didn't need to do that." I pout. "Nonsense, of course I did! It's our anniversary!!!" Reaching behind my back, I pull out the Pikachu plush I got for him.

At the sight of it, a blush dusted his face, and one of his very rare smiles crossed his face. "K-Kawaii...." Beaming, I fold my hands in my lap. "You like it?" Taking the plushie out of my hands, he slowly nods, his eyes fixated in a trance staring at the yellow creature in awe. "Arigatou (Y/N)-san." I nod and continue smiling. I really want to go over there and give the cute Japanese man a huge hug, but I know about his personal space issues, and I don't want to risk ruining our wonderful day because of it. "Wait here, I've got something for you as well." He stands up, and walks away, hugging the plushie I gave him tightly to his chest.

After a few minutes, he returned, still carrying the Pikachu, but he also had something new in his arms. A bright pink box, with a Sailor Moon ribbon wrapped around it. It was absolutely adorable, and I loved it, but now I feel a bit cheap about just giving him his present unwrapped. "Here you go (Y/N)-san, I hope it suits your fancy." He extends the arm holding the gift out to me and gives me a half-smile. Gladly taking the gift from him, I slowly unwrap it. What's inside makes my heart swell with joy, and a huge Cheshire Cat grin to spread over my face.

In the box was a Totoro doll. He was so cute!!!! It even had him holding onto his little leaf umbrella. "Awe thank you, Kiku!!! Thank you so much!!!! I love it!!!" I pull it to my chest and hug it almost in a death grip. Looking at Kiku from the corner of my eye, I could see him smiling at me, a very happy expression on his face. "So you like it?" Nodding frantically, I ignore is personal space issues, and pull him into a huge hug. His face lit up to a bright red glow, and he opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water. "(Y-Y/N)-san?! What a-are you doing?" Snuggling into his chest, I hum in content. "Hugging you of course!! You are too cute not to hug, and besides, you need a hug for giving me the cutest present ever. I love it so much."

Kiku stands there stiff as a board for a while longer before surprisingly enough he relaxed and wrapped his arms around my torso. Hugging me back. "I'm glad. Thank you for the present you gave me as well. I guess as you say it, love it." Hugging him tighter, I remove my face from his chest, and I bring it closer to his own. His posture turns stiff and he puts his hands out to push me away when I press my lips against his.

Gasping, he goes limp, collapsing onto his knees on the floor. I break away and look at him in concern. His face to the base of his neck was bright red, and he was breathing heavily. 'Oh, glob. Did I kill him? Nervously I crouch down to his level, I turn my face to look at him more closely.' I raise my hand to touch him but think better of it in order to not traumatize the poor chap. "K-Kiku? A-Are you alright?" He doesn't answer me right away, rather he closes his eyes, and slows his breathing down. "H-hai. I'm alright. You just....startled me that's all." I look down in shame. "My apologies, I'll refrain from doing any such action again."

With that said, his eyes snap open and he frantically shakes his head back and forth. "N-N-No I didn't say that!! Well I mean, I didn't mean it that way. This was just a little bit sudden, so I overreacted. It should be alright to exchange these sort of things, we've been together for a year now." Looking back up at him, I give him a hopeful look. "So may I kiss you now?" His face flushed even more, and he turned his head down. Hesitantly he responds with "H-Hai." Yipping in excitement, I rush back into his arms and plant a kiss on his lips, which he very slowly returns.

After a few minutes of making out, we pull away and rest our foreheads against each other. "A-Aishiteru (Y/N)-chan." My eyes widen. He dropped the san and gave me a more familiar title of chan. I smile and lean in to kiss him once more. "I love you too Kiku. Happy anniversary."

"