Chapter 15

~Friday At Docter Appointment~

Emily and I are waiting in the waiting room area, she is on her phone texting and I'm just thinking about everything.

'What if Josh dosn't want the kid"

'What if he tells me to get rid of it"

"What will my mom think"

"Will she be disappointed and ashamed"

"Will Cameron ignore me when he finds out I got knocked up by his best friend"

"Will he hate me, will the entire school hate me"

My thoughts get inturuppted as my name is called to go in the room. I walk in and get on the bed. Emily sits in a chair beside me. Dr. Lenox comes in when the nurse is done taking my heart beat and everything.

"So Hallie how are you feeling today?" He asks.

"Better I suppose, I still have morning sickness."

"That's normal for the first trimester of pregnancy. And who do you have with you today?" He asks looking at Emily.

"That's Emily, she my best friend, and the only other person who knows about me being pregnant...."

"You realize you need to tell your mother, soon, and also the father, you should tell him first. Lay down please,  you know the drill." He says getting everything ready.

"Yes I know, I plan on telling Josh tonight. I'm just afraid of his reaction." I say laying down and lifting my shirt up some.

"I see." He puts the gel on my stomach and places the scanner on it. He moves it until he finds the baby on the screen. Like last time he frezzes the picture and points it out.

"There it is, it's about the size of an orange." He says pointing to it. I smile and so dose Emily but tears form in her eyes.

"So adorable. " she says trying to hold back the tears.

"Would you like a picture?" He asks me.

"Yes please." I say smiling. He hits a few buttons on the machine and a pictures comes out of it. He hands it to me and I look at it smiling.

"Would you like to hear the heartbeat?" He asks

"Yes please." He turns the screen back on, and turns the volume up on it. We stay quiet. And there it is.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"That's your baby's heart beat." He says smiling. Then he cleans the gel off of my stomach.

"That was so adorable." Emily says hugging me once I've sat up.

"Yeah it is." I stand up and we walk to the nurse who makes appointments.

"I would like to schedule Hallie for another appointment in two weeks." He says to the nurse, she nods her head in response.

He looks up at me and says,"I would like to have an appointment for you every two weeks and then when your closer to your due date it will be every week. Sound good?"

"Yes, sounds good, thank you Dr. Lenox." I respond. He nods his head then Emily and I walk out to my car, and drive home.

We walk in the house and the first person I see is Josh, and then Cameron beside him. Emily distracts Cameron from Josh so I can talk to Josh.

"Hey." Josh says.

"Hi....we need to talk about something....in my room.." I walk up to my room, I hear his foot steps following. "Close the door behind you." I say and sit on my bed. He closes the door.

"Hallie what's going on?"