Potions

Harriet pov...

Today was potions and I couldn't wait. This would be my first class in potions and I knew I would love it. Potions had always been my favorite ever since I started doing it with Salazar. It killed me seeing how everyone now a days thought that Salazar and Godric weren't friends cause they were. This was also the only class I would have without Maximus, and to say I was happy would be an understatement. The whole school hated me, even the teachers. I didn't get it I did everything right I didn't copy, cheat, or anything like that. When I got to class everyone was groaning but I didn't see why everyone was doing I just went in and sat in the front. I ended being the only one in front. Thankfully we didn't have Gryffindor's but Hufflepuff's.

Severus pov...

I was waiting for the class to come in. I was looking forward to the potter girl to see if what everyone was saying was true. I needed to know if she had gotten Lilly's smarts because I knew that she had gotten mostly James looks. When the class was all in I stormed in doing the thing I do every year to scare the kids. Almost everyone jumped except for a couple of the Ravenclaws. I assigned a simple task of creating a cure for boils. I noticed almost immediately that this was going to be a terrible class. Half way through the class and everyone except 3 people had failed, and then there was Harriet who had just came up to my desk and had a perfected cure that I hadn't seen in many years at least not from first years. "I finished professor Snape it's got the Horned slugs, Porcupine quills, and Snake fangs." She had said in a voice that was exactly like Lilly's voice when she was 11. After seeing the skill she had I asked to see her after class she seemed slightly scared but nodded while saying "Yes sir" I hoped I wouldn't be disappointed.

 After seeing the skill she had I asked to see her after class she seemed slightly scared but nodded while saying "Yes sir" I hoped I wouldn't be disappointed

---AFTERCLASS---

Harriet stayed behind after class to see what professor Snape wanted. She hoped he wouldn't be like the other teachers who said she was copying. Professor Snape asked her to produce a pepper up potion to see just how advanced she was. Considering this was a late second year potion. To say he was surprised when she finished in an hour and a half would be minimal. He let her leave once he had seen it telling her what a good job she had done and that she was much better than her dunder head of a brother. The sad thing was that she seemed to light up at the praise she had gotten even though it was minimal. Snape knew he would make sure she enjoyed her time at Hogwarts.

And Happy winter holiday or whatever you celebrate!