Mr. Quiet

There's this boy

There's this boy.

He's got dark brown eyes, dead as like his soul but alluring as ever. It's weird that Kwon Eunkyung found it somewhat attractive, was it just her or was it his eyes luring her in?

Or was it his angelic features?

She'll never know.

Ever since Eunkyung has started working at the fast food chain, he's been there. First day of her work, he was there. It gave her the chills but then remembered as most customers were regulars there, the girl didn't think much about it.

Eunkyung was too busy with her never-ending shift and stress, she had no time to slot him in her mind. Not that she would want to, it was automatic.

The girl's train of thoughts abruptly stopped as the dark eyed boy waved his hand in front of her face, a slight confused expression slowly creeping up his face. "Hello? Earth to . . Eunkyung?" He replied, as he took a quick glance at her white plastic name tag.

She has heard his voice many times but man it sounds so divine, it was husky and smooth. Eunkyung could listen to it all day long-

"Hey? Are . . you okay?" He asked again. Eunkyung fully snapped from her thoughts, straightening her form. "I'm sorry about that, sir. What can I get you?" She smiled.

"Just the usual combo. I'm paying by cash, by the way." He replied, taking out his jet black wallet from the back of his pocket. As the girl was done punching in his order, she reached out her palm to get the money from him.

The boy smiled, while handing his money over. It was the most she's ever seen from him, he doesn't usually smile nor even worry. He quickly took his receipt from the machine and walked away, leaving Eunkyung in slight awe from his smile.

It melted her heart. It was her first time seeing him smile.

As she was about to arrange the money in the cash register, she noticed a small paper neatly folded in her palm. Eunkyung grabbed the small piece of paper and opened it with her free hand.

I'm Kang Daniel by the way.
02210**** ;)

Eunkyung looked up, her eyes trailed to his table. Daniel was already looking at her, his dark brown eyes staring deep in to her soul as a slight smirk formed upon his plump red lips.

He even gave me his number. Eunkyung thought.

She softly smiled and quickly shoved the paper in her pocket before diverting her attention from him. Kang Daniel, huh? What a great name. Eunkyung thought.

Even just saying it in her mind, had a nice ring to it.

Her shift was hectic, she got moved from the cashier to the kitchen room making burgers and frying fries to sweeping the damn floor.

Eunkyung sighed as she used her last bit of energy to mop the floor around, it pissed her off because people wouldn't even say excuse me and just step over the mop.

They're the ones who spilled the drink already yet they're still rude to her by stepping on the goddamn mop? She rolled her eyes for the nth time.

"Hey, you okay there?" Her head shot up upon the familiar deep voice that sent chills down her spine, every time. "Yeah, I'm fine . . you don't need to worry, Daniel." Eunkyung chuckled as she tucked a loose strand of her newly dyed chocolate brown hair.

Just then a man walked in, walking directly towards Daniel. The man was tall, wore dark clothes and sunglasses. Eunkyung suddenly felt cold as he walked past her and towards Daniel.

Eunkyung felt like it was the time to go and continue mopping the floor and so she did.

The man furrowed his brows whilst staring down at Daniel but soon spoke up, "Daniel, seriously. They want you back! When are you going to keep playing hide and seek? If you don't come back by tonight, I'm screwed." The man sighed.

"And why are you eating this kind of crap?" He added.

"Chill, Seongwu. And no, I am not going back there! They treat me like crap and they're so extra there." Daniel chuckled before popping a fry in his mouth.

"Also, let them know that I've been eating these kinds of food ever since." He laughed making Seongwu release a deep sigh. "You're so screwed, your highness." Seongwu rolled his eyes but Daniel couldn't see that, the boy added a little bow, mocking Daniel.

"Don't call me that." Daniel groaned.

>>

Eunkyung let out a sigh of relief as she walked out of the fast food chain, her back suddenly hurt from all the mopping and cleaning.

The girl texted her best friend she was on her way back to the dormitory, her friend replied that she's got dinner ready.

After half an hour of standing during the packed train ride, Eunkyung safely made her way back to their dorm. The girl got her spare key from her bag and opened the door, the flavourful aroma engulfed her nose making her smile.

"What's on the menu tonight?" Eunkyung called out as she chucked her work bag on the leather couch. "Kimchi stew." Ari, her best friend called out.

"Great." Eunkyung smiled.

"How was work? Anything new from Mr. Quiet?" Ari peeped her head from the kitchen, pushing her round glasses up with her middle finger. "Actually, yeah . . He finally gave me his name."

"Which is?" "Kang Daniel."

Ari slowly nodded, "His name suits him." "But that's not the only thing he gave me." Eunkyung continued, walking towards the stools and sitting on one of them. "What else? His last name?" She chuckled making Eunkyung shake her head in embarrassment.

"He gave me his number, should I text him?"

"Well yeah! He gave you his number for a reason, Eunkyung." Ari sighed, tucking her short hair behind her ears.

+++

first chapter hehe.