Heartbeat

Daniel placed a hand on top of his chest, his ears ringing as he felt that single beat of his heart. "You okay?" Eunkyung blinked a couple of times, trying to escape the euphoria that was eating her body. The vampire slowly nodded, still in state of shock.

"I-i have to go . . my auntie wants me in their house today." Daniel lied.

In no time, the boy returned to his apartment, thoughts filling up his mind. "Where did you go?" Jaehwan asked as he leaned back on to his couch whilst drinking a fresh batch of human blood. The older boy sighed in satisfaction as the thick liquid coated his throat.

Daniel grimaced at Jaehwan before replying, "Out with Eunkyung." He knew his reply was going to get a lot of backlash from Jaehwan but he couldn't careless, after all, the older boy wouldn't believe if Daniel if he says anything else.

Jaehwan let out an incoherent sigh before straightening up, "When are you going to stop lying to her?" "I'm not lying to her, Jaehwan." Daniel scoffed. "You're basically identifying yourself as a human!" Daniel didn't know why but he suddenly thought of his beating heart when the older boy said that sentence.

"Well that's what Lady and Lord Kang basically wanted me to be!" "For goodness sake's Daniel! They did that as a form of protection, when will you see that? After knowing that those pesky wolves are after you, I thought you'd finally realize why they did that!" He harshly set the blood stained glass on top of the coffee table before standing up.

"How dare you speak to your Prince like that?" Daniel raised a brow at Jaehwan. The older boy sharply inhaled as he was once again pulling the 'royalty card' when he basically despised being one. "I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that, your highness." Jaehwan bowed his head.

Sometimes he forgot that Daniel was the Prince of Waneo Castle, with all those modern words he's speaking, it's like he's really a human. "With all due respect my Prince, but when are you going to truthfully tell Eunkyung who you really are? Your coronation will be held soon." He spoke, not making eye contact with Daniel.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." Daniel replied.

>>

After weeks of spending more time together, Daniel and Eunkyung realized their love for each other. Daniel could feel himself getting weaker as his heart started slowly beating despite their love getting stronger. Eunkyung felt like she was on cloud nine, her inner wolf loved being so close to him and seeing him more often.

Deep down, Daniel knew he couldn't continue this thing going on between them, he knew he needed to end it somehow but he doesn't know when and how. His beating heart might've made him weaker but breaking it will make him more weak.

From afar, Jihoon watched the two of them laugh and flirt about with each other. The vampire hissed as hes told Daniel countless of times that he shouldn't be mingling around with humans, moreover a wolf but Daniel didn't know that.

If Eunkyung isn't going to expose her true self to Daniel then he will just have to kill her, after all, they're not meant for each other anyway just like life and death, they're never compatible. That was the best way they could think of trying to get rid of Eunkyung, it'd be the same results when Lady and Lord Kang find out their son's affair with a human.

Though, Jihoon was the only one who knew about Eunykung's real identity, he decided to keep it to himself first so he could have some fun.

"Eunkyung . . I have to tell you something later." Daniel breathed out as he slowly placed his hands on top of his beating heart. "Okay." The clueless wolf smiled. Despite her bright smile, Eunkyung needed to bring Jihoon back to their territory, they can't afford messing up their plan because of a vampire.

Jiro had given her another drink of the blood poisoning potion so she could use this on Jihoon, all she needed to do was push him over the edge til he bites her. From there, it will poison the vampire's insides just enough to make him asleep but with a non-beating heart, it wasn't not enough to kill him.

The young vampire casually made his way over to the two, a sly smirk plastered upon his pale face. "Oh! Hey you two! Didn't know you guys were around." Jihoon chuckled but intensely kept an eye on Eunkyung.

She could feel her inner wolf growling at the vampire's appearance, if only she could attack him right then and there but she couldn't since Daniel was there. Just then, Daniel's phone vibrated against his pocket, it was a text from Seongwu telling him to get home, strictly.

Despite being the Prince, Daniel would find himself getting afraid of Seongwu, he didn't know why.

"Uh . . I have to go now, Eunkyung. I'm really sorry this hangout was cut short, I'll see you soon though." Daniel hastily hugged the girl, engulfing her figure with his long arms and big torso.

That's if you'll see her again. Jihoon thought.

+++

gdi what a late asss update !!! ive been so busy w school lately and also go check out my book called 'behind the words' it contains writing tips (and others) in it! it's not fully done yet but check it out if youre interested :)