Call

+a/n: gdi look at his veiny arm

"Don't you miss them?" Hyunjae turned to his sister as she intensely stared at the graves ahead of her. The place was scented with vanilla as the candle was lit.

Both their parents loved the smell of vanilla, it was calming, pure but most of all, reminded them of each other. "I do. I think about them all the time. I think about them as I'm doing this mission."

"How could they do such cruel things?" She added, "What?" Hyunjae asked.

Eunkyung swallowed the lump in her throat as the topic was brought up, "Those stupid Vampires. How could they kill hundreds of our pack members including our past Alpha and Luna."

The girl felt her insides bubbling with anger, her inner wolf growling at the thought of Vampires that got their filthy hands on their parents and pack members. She grabbed a fistful of her top, scrunching it up til her knuckles turned pure white.

Hyunjae placed a hand on her shoulder as her irises turned vibrant yellow, the intense glowing of her eyes making the Alpha somewhat back down a little. Not even the anti-wolf potion could stop her eyes from changing.

"Why did you make me do this mission? I'm not as strong as you, as skilled and merciless like you nor our father." She turned to him, her eyes still vibrant as ever.

"Because I trust you with this mission, I don't want anyone to kill the masked prince, what I want is to bring him back alive then slowly torture him." He spoke.

"I'm not asking you to kill him. I'll be doing that."

>>

Daniel had asked Eunkyung out for another hangout again, of course she couldn't say no to him. There was just something about that boy that made her insides soft.

This time it wasn't just a hangout, Daniel had called her so he could somewhat vent his feelings out and how stressful his life is right now.

"What's got you callin'?" She turned to the boy as he stared at the ocean ahead of him, the soft sound of the waves calming him down. Daniel shrugged, "My parents want me back home."

"What's wrong with that? Atleast you've got parents." She sighed. "The thing is, they've pushed me away for a long time and now that I learn how to live like a normal va- I mean human, they want to take me back." He groaned.

"You probably won't understand but what they did to me hurt a lot more than you think. It almost felt like they disowned me and every time I bring it up all they say is 'it's for protection.' They don't know how much I needed them through those times I was growing up. They don't know that I don't even know myself." Daniel added, the boy clenched his jaw.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I can't really say anything since I don't know the whole story but do know that I'm always here for you no matter what. Also, what are your parents like?" She couldn't help but trace his defined jawline with her eyes, his perfect side profile enough to make her melt right then and there.

Daniel dryly chuckled, "They're merciless, scary, cold and that's all because they're high tiers." Her eyes widened but before she could utter out a word, Daniel beat her to it, "Yes I know they have a lot of money but trust me, they never use that money for good. They use it for power."

Eunkyung nodded, she didn't know why but she'd pictured his parents as vampires which was weird because she doesn't assume that easily.

"How 'bout yours?" "Well . . they were killed by merciless people." She spoke, Eunkyung didn't want to tell him that her parents were killed by Vampires, he would think she's crazy.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Daniel frowned.

It reminded Daniel of what his parents did to such innocent mortals. He had to admit, they overreacted.

>>

"It was nice talking to you . . if you have anything to rant, don't hesitate to call me. I'll be there in a second." He held on to her hand, a cheeky smile forming upon his lips.

Daniel wasn't lying, he'd literally be wherever she is in seconds, after all, he's a vampire.

The girl's heart leaped with joy upon their skin contact, his hands felt kind of cold and big, she could honestly hold it all day. "Sure . . I guess I'll see you around?" Eunkyung asked, their hands never letting go.

Both of them didn't want to let go of each other's hand, it was like they'd lose each other forever.

"Yeah." Daniel breathed out, his dark brown eyes piercing in to hers like usual. The both of them stood there, in front of the elevator, holding hands and not saying anything.

"Well, I'll get going now." She whispered, slowly letting go of Daniel's hands. The boy nodded, his smile never leaving his red lips.

Eunkyung turned to face the elevator and pressed the button.

Daniel bit his lips as he stared at the girls exposed neck, "Eunkyung? . ." He spoke, his voice deep and husky. The girl turned around to face him but before she could even say anything, Daniel had pulled her in to a tight hug.

He lightly bent his knees so he could bury his face on the crook of her neck, to Eunkyung, it seemed like a friendly 'Thank you' hug but to Daniel, it meant completely something else.

The boy couldn't control himself, her sweet blood was just too tempting and even just smelling it made him dizzy. It was intoxicating. He swore he took a shot before leaving his dorm but he doesn't know why the shot didn't stop him from smelling her sweet blood.

Daniel inhaled, his nose engulfed with her sweet scent. "S-sorry for hugging you out of no where . . I just kind of needed that." He lied as he pulled apart from her.

"That's okay." Eunkyung smiled.

+++

hmmmmmmmmm.