XXI

(Y/N)'S POV

There we were again, locked lips and cuddling on the couch. I couldn't complain. Things were going relatively smoothly. Then again, I never know when things could turn into a sour ball of confusion. For some reason, there's always been confusion whether we were dating or not, so we both treated it as if we were single...oddly enough. I don't know how much longer this charade can last.

"Cut the lust." Vic stopped me from continuing. I looked up at him with fear in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brow. 

"Nothing. Let's just go to bed." He smiled sweetly. I followed him to our bunk.

"Are you sure?" I wondered when we were cuddling under the covers, Vic's warm body keeping me company.

"It's cold and I don't want to be here." He sighed.

"It's more than that. I know you." I pinched his side gently, causing him to giggle.

"Yeah, I lied and I'm enjoying every minute with myself." He answered.

"Just tell me what's bothering you?" I insisted.

"Do you want me? Do you want to tell me that you're okay?" He looked at me.

"You think I'm questioning us again?" I gave him a concerned look.

"Well, your lips aren't mine." He sighed sadly.

"Then make them yours." I smiled crookedly, going to lean in. He leaned away from me. 

"You're too perfect." His smile was as sweet as sugar. "I'm just an average boy."

"That's a lie." I squeezed him in our position. "I can't let you go, never."

"Don't you ever feel alone in this? Like...you wish you were home?" Vic started a different conversation.

"Where is this going?" I breathed the cologne radiating from his neck.

"I mean, if you were to go back to Palm Springs...is there a guy waiting for you? Will you fall in love again?" 

"Vic. No. Never." I sat up slightly, insulted. Vic fell silent and it stayed like that for about ten minutes. "Keep talking. I love to hear your voice." I insisted.

"I killed the conversation for a reason. I wanted to wrap it up." He said plainly. "Let's go to bed now."

"Oh, okay." I whispered. Vic was so confusing.