J-Hope

"Mommy look!"

I watched as my daughter went down the slide. That's her fourth time but I smile either way. I brought her to the park to cheer her up. She's been wanting to see her dad for years now but like I always tell her, he has work. He calls every now and then but it's not enough for her...or for me.

"Be careful Rosie. We don't want you to trip again", I told her.

She continued to go down the slide. Seeing her laughing and smiling with other kids is showing progress that she's growing up. Ever since Hoseok debuted, the doctor said Rosie will be having trouble communicating with others beside her family.

My phone began to ring. I smiled when I noticed it was Hoseok calling. I pressed the green button and placed the phone against my ear.

"Hey Hoseok", I said.

"Hey, How are you? Where's Rosie?"

"I'm fine. I brought Rosie to the park. She's playing with another girl. Isn't that great?", I said.

"Really?? That's amazing! I can't believe I'm not there to witness it."

"I wish you were here. Rosie really misses you", I said.

"I miss both you so much. I'm not sure when I'll be back."

I looked down and began pulling on the grass. I just keep hoping one day he would tell me he's coming home.

"We haven't seen you in over two years. Just by video chat. That's not enough for us. We're hurting and you're not even trying to come visit us", I said, voice cracking.

"I'm trying. I really am. But I can't just leave."

"But you can leave us with no problem right?", I rolled my eyes.

"Don't make me sound like I'm the bad guy. I'm doing this for both of you. I love you."

"Then why won't you come home?? For a day at least?? I'm getting really tired of waiting", I quickly wiped away the tears so Rosie couldn't see.

"...I can't."

"Then I can't do this anymore. I can't keep hoping that you'll come home because obviously you're not. I don't want Rosie to keep hoping either. I hate you", I said.

"But (y/n), I'm-"

"No. I don't want to hear anymore of your excuses. And don't call me because I don't want anything to do with you", I said angrily before hanging up.

I wiped away the tears again and smiled as Rosie came running towards me.

"Mommy look, I found a ladybug", she said, opening her hand.

"Wow, so pretty", I said.

She played a few more minutes with her new friends until I told her it was time to go. We walked back home, hand-in-hand. She skipped as she pulled a few flowers.

When we arrived home, I noticed the lights were on. That's when I remember I forgot to turn them off as we left earlier today. I closed the front door and stopped when I saw a familiar figure standing a few feet away from us.

"Daddy!", Rosie yelled as she ran towards Hoseok.

"Hey, you're getting so big", he smiled as he took her in his arms.

"I found a ladybug today. It flew away though", she said.

"Aw really? Don't worry, I bet it'll come back", said, glancing at me.

I had to look away. I'm not sure if I felt embarrassed or sad or angry. I was feeling so many things that I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Hey, I have a surprise for you in your room. Why don't you go check it out while I talk to Mommy", he said to her.

He put her down and watched as she ran into her room. Once she was out of sight, he turned to me.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Visiting my girlfriend and daughter. When I called you earlier, I was waiting for you here. I wanted to surprise you", he said, getting closer.

"Why didn't you tell me?? I made myself sound like an idiot. I was blaming you. You could've told me", I began to cry.

"I'm sorry. But I'm here now. I'm coming back for good. Except I will be going to meetings and tours but it won't be for long. I don't want you two to hurt anymore", he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

I wrapped my arms around him and tightened my grip.

"I don't hate you. I love you", I mumbled into his chest.

"I know. It's my fault you were feeling this way. But I promise to make it up to you. And to Rosie", he said, moving parts of my hair out of my face.

"Speaking of Rosie, what did you get her?", I asked him.

"Mommy! Daddy got me a pony!", I heard Rosie yell excitedly.

My eyes widened and ran into her room. I sighed in relief when she meant a stuffed pony. It was bigger than her.

"I didn't want to get her a really pony. It wouldn't fit here", he laughed.

"Well what did you get for me?", I asked jokingly.

"That you have to wait until she's asleep", he whispered, making me blush.

"I'm gonna name him Larry. Larry the Pony", Rosie laughed.

"Well it's almost dinner time so why don't we leave Larry here so we could go eat", I told her.

"But Larry is hungry too", she said, pouting.

"Fine. Larry can eat with us but on one condition. We put you back in day care and you try to at least make friends. Because Mommy also needs to go back to work", Hoseok said, kneeling in front of her.

"Okay I promise!", she yelled excitedly.

She was pulling Larry by one foot and ran towards the dining room.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to put her back in day care?", I asked him.

"Of course. We can't keep her in here for the rest of her life. The sooner she makes friends, the easier it'll be. Now let's go eat dinner...because I can't wait to give you your surprise", he lightly smirked after kissing me on the cheek.
_____________________________

It's currently 1:08pm. I woke up early to go for a run, I cleaned the house, I'm washing my clothes, and later I will be babysitting. I feel good👍🏻