Chapter Forty-Eight

In the next few days, Loki and Elisabete's relationship was beginning the rebuild itself. Each night, he ensured her 'heat' was satiated and he loved that she was starting to act like her old self in their relationship. Loki noticed that her gaze towards him was more lovingly than before and whenever he held her hand or held her close, she would blush and giggle like before. Whenever he kissed her, she would kiss him back with even more passion than before. It was if they were back to when they had just begun their affair. One afternoon, when Loki was off of work, the two laid lazily in bed in each other's arms sitting up against the headboard. He put his hand on her belly and rubbed it gently as he laid a kiss to her temple.

"I think I should take a nap. I've been on my feet a lot these past few days." She sighed.

She yawned and closed her eyes, quickly drifting to sleep as Loki ran his fingers through her hair. When she had fallen asleep, Loki looked down at her belly and sighed before laying his hand on it, rubbing it once more.

Iona had her say off and was doing some cleaning when she heard a knock at the door. She opened it and was shocked to see Tadeus standing on the small porch in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I thought over it and I've come to apologize to Elisabete." He replied.

"Oh...well she's in her bedroom with Loki. You can just go right in." Iona told him.

She opened the door all the way and closed it behind him as he made his way down the hall. As he got closer to the door of the bedroom he could faintly make out Loki's voice. He quietly opened the door enough to look inside without being noticed. He could make out the two of them on the bed and saw that Elisabete was asleep. He stood there for a few moments listening to Loki as he spoke softly, not wanting to wake Elisabete. For a second, Tadeus thought Loki was crazy to be talking to her while she slept but quickly realized he was talking to the child. Loki laid a kiss to her belly and chuckled to himself when he pulled away.

"Now, I hope you'll be any birth for your mother. I don't want to fear losing her again. When she was giving birth to your older sister, those were the most stressful days of my whole life. I was forced to imagine a life without her and I hated every minute of it. But, I should let you know that when you're born, it will be some time before we can see each other. You see...your father did some very bad things that he shouldn't have done and he only did it because he was angry with himself and others. But now, your father has no reason to be angry and is a lot happier than before. Your mother is having trouble trusting me around your sister and I would expect the same with you when you're here. Despite this, I want to let you know that even if we never see each other when you're older...I will always love you. If your mother cannot trust me again with you two, I will accept my fate and I will leave you three to live out your lives. I will not hate your mother for whatever decision she makes. I love her with all my heart and having hurt her in such a way makes my heart ache. If I could go back in time, I swear I would have never gone after your mother on her wedding night. I would have left her to live out her life with Edric for I know she would have been happier than she is now. She would still be loyal to me as my maid and her family as well. And if she were married to him...than I guess Sanit would have been my wife and Faust my step-son. He would be alive today and well. Oh gods, I loved that boy. Nonetheless, I'm going to make things better between all of us and soon we'll be a happy family. I promise you."

Tadeus watched as Loki broke down into tears as he laid a kiss to the belly. He smiled weakly and closed the door without making a sound. He walked back down the hall and bowed his head towards Iona as she gave him a look.
"So quick to apologize? Surely, Elisabete would have had something to say to you." Iona chuckled.