Part 5 : I don't

I'm going to be honest with you guys, I only wanted to write this story for this chapter, for one scene in particular. I'll let you find out 😉

*****************

(Y/N)'s point of view

I was so nervous. And everybody would be if you had to marry a perfect stranger. The maids finally let me breath. I was looking at me reflect in the mirror. A wedding day is supposed to be happy, especially when it's your wedding. A soft knock was heard at my door, and Clarisse entered the room, alongside with Nathalia.

"You look beautiful darling."

"Tanks girls."

"It's a shame that you have to marry so soon. We didn't have the time to talk about your world."

"It's Ok. We can still manage to see each other."

"My lady? I'm sorry to bother you but the king is waiting for you. The ceremony is going to start."

The maid cuts of our conversation. Guess it's time for me to say goodbye to this world. She bowed and redrew herself, closing the door behind her. They both took my hand, and led me down the halls, where my 'father' was standing. They gave my hand to him.

"Good luck sis."

I watched them walking away. I turned around to face the man next to me.

"You look beautiful my daughter. I'm proud of you."

Just wait until the end of the marriage before being proud.

The doors opened, and he led me through the people that stood when we came in. I recognise the man I was supposed to marry, and the more I though about it, the more I wondered why Melody fell in love with him. He was looking at me. I could see the despaired in his eyes. It was pathetic. I could also recognise the people I got along with. There was Pisti that I liked, Spartos, Masrur, Rosè, Lagu ... A lot of people. My father left me by Sinbad's side. He didn't look at me. You don't have to worry. It's not like I want to marry you either.

The priest cough, and spoke.

"Fellow daughters and sons of the goddess, we're reunited today to celebrate this day, where two people will bound their souls for the afterlife."

Not on my watch.

"Do you, King Sinbad of Sindria, take Melody Van Nestrea to be your beloved wife, trough sick and sin, and for all the years to come?"

"I do"

I'm glad I was wearing a veil. My smirk only started to grow wider.

"And do you, 3rd princess of the Nestrean Kingdom Melody Van Nestrea, take King Sinbad of Sindria to be your beloved husband, trough sick and sin, and for all the years to come?"

"I don't."

All the people in the room gasped at my words. I turned around and faced the crowd, who was quite shocked.

"I'm sorry everybody, but I'm not going to do this shit anymore. It happened that I'm no royalty. Therefor, this contract isn't valid. I'm the daughter of Vanilla, and the man she loved. And it happened that that man wasn't your dear Nestrean king. By the way, I'm not Melody neither. My name is (Y/N) and in fact, I'm the devil in disguise."

I removed the veil, tossed it on the floor and shook of my hair arrangement.

"Because no matter how much we can deny it, we only live once. Even when you manage to steal the body of someone else and kill them in the process. And now that I have a new body and a whole world to explore, I don't want to waste my time. Guess I'll always be an awful troublemaker!"