- chapter 11 -

Luke's POV

All I did this tour was sleep and perform, then I'd go back to sleep. I was probably getting more sleep during the day than the night, so my sleeping pattern was all messed up. Also because I'm a heavy sleeper, as soon as I feel tired I sleep.

Malum and Lashton were the teams we were in for writing songs. I knew Michael and Calum were up to something, but I didn't know what.

Ashton and I were on a train to another writing session, while Michael and Calum stayed in the hotel. It's weird how Ashton can go from being an emotional wreak who hates himself, into this self confident person, whereas I go from a confident person into a wreak over such a short period of time.

I don't know why, but my face felt like all it did was frown. I felt so bad inside. I didn't really know what was wrong with me.

The train stops and we get off and walk out of the station and find the nearest Macca's. When we get in Ashton looks up at the menu.

"Mate I'm gonna take a piss, order me whatever you're getting," Ashton says, heading off to the bathroom.

I problem was I didn't want to eat. I don't need to eat, and if I ate anything I wouldn't be McDonalds. I order myself a small fries and Ashton a burger and medium chips. I soon see Ashton Near the door so I walk over to him and he smiles and we walk out.

When we get out he opens the bag and says, "Luke, what are you eating?"

"I got myself the small chips because I'm not too hungry."

He gives me a weird look and pulls out the small chips and hands them to me. We find a park nearby and sit under a tree, like we do at every park we go to. I begin to pick at my chips, struggling to swallow them. I could accidentally drop the packet and have most of them fall onto the ground, I tried to do that but only two came out and it looked too obvious.

"You sure you don't want a bite of my burger?" Ashton asks.

"Nah, I'm fine."

"You sure, you haven't eaten much today."

"I'm fine, just feeling a bit queazy from the train trip."

"Oh okay," He believed me.

I felt bad. I don't know why, but I just had a weird feeling in my gut. Ashton was my everything and I was lying to him. The truth would crush him, though.

I finally finished my chips and feel a little bit sick, but we head over to the writing session anyway.

.

We're on the train back and I put my feet up onto my seat so I was curled into a ball.

"I miss this," Ashton states.

"Miss what?" I ask, getting butterflies.

"Us," He looks and smiles at me and then looks down.

"What do you mean?" I sounded so stupid but I wanted to know.

"The old days, before we had any fights, before we ignored each other. I miss my best friend."

I smile slightly.

"I miss us, too," I nod.

He pulls me into a hug. All of a sudden I feel tired again. Soon the hug turns into a cuddle. Even awkwardly on the train. I cuddle into his chest and fall asleep with him stroking my hair.

.

"Lukeee!" I hear Ashton say.

I get up from his chest and look at him confused.

"We both fell asleep and now we've missed our stop," He giggles.

"We'll just get off at the next stop," I suggest and he nods. The train pulls into a dirty station and we get off. The empty station was soon filled with people either getting on or off the train. I grab Ashton's hand and lead him out of the station.

"Hey, I know this place!" Ashton says.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I was reading something on the train about it. Come on," Now he grabs my hand and leads me out of a busy crowd.

One person asked for a picture with us. We were really surprised because we didn't really think that people knew who we were.

Ashton and I linked arms. Like what we used to do with the other boys. Ashton led us to a park. Park's were one of my favourite places. They were good for when you need to think, they're calm and peaceful. They were just lovely places.

We argued about which tree to sit under, even though we ended up sitting under a different bigger tree. We sit down, our backs against the trunk. Ashton puts an arm around me and I place my head of his shoulder.

"A-Ashton?" I'm going to tell him why I did it. I'm finally going to tell someone why I cut myself.

"Hmm?"

"When you, like, you know, did it, do you remember the feeling of emptiness, sadness and loneliness?"

I feel him nod. "Yeah, I do."

"Well-"

"Luke," He irrupts and I sat up to look at him. "W-Was I the reason you did it?"

"No, no, no, no. You would never be the reason. I was just messed up and stupid."

"Don't say that, Luke," He says.

I look into his eyes and hug him. "Thank you Ashton."

"For what?" I feel him say on my neck.

"Being here," I say.

__________

this chapter was lammeeee but oh well

lot of lashton in this chapter

naw they made up

im really sorry but i have no idea where 5sos are in this story bc theyve left england and i only know about england and australia.

omfg im hopeless. IM SO SORRY BUT I WILL JUST SAY 'TOWN' OR 'CITY' OR IDK STUFF LIKE THAT

JUST UNTIL THEY COME BACK HOME

:D

VOTE COMMENT SHARE<3