|2|

...

She walked back and picked up the chair, placing it under the vent to reach, then pulled out her box cutter and began unscrewing the corners. She was being careful not to make much noise. Even though the room was soundproof and it wouldn't make much of a difference to let a single noise loose, she wanted to hear the guy a room over and the soundproof barrier was making it difficult.

Another man yawned and began to speak.

"Does the dot look any different to you?" A deep voice spoke, making Y/N's ears perk up to listen.

So there really is somebody in there...

And to make matters worse, he has a friend.

Delightful.

"Shhh, you don't want to wake her, we'll both get yelled at.." A second voice warned, sounding louder than the first guy.

Hypocrite.

"When do you think she'll wake up? It's already been a day..." The deep voice asked in a softer, curious voice.

I've been out for a day? Hm. I need to take a shower when I get back. The house is probably messy from the intrusion too, I have a lot to do after this.

"We'll know when the dot moves. So far it hasn't, I'm sure she should be waking up soon though."

"I think I put too much chloroform on the rag...And maybe we should have laid off the sleeping pills, it really knocked her out and it's making me think we killed her.."

"I remember she was breathing when I was taping her to the chair."

"...was that supposed to reassure me, Hyung?"

She placed the screws in her pocket, her box cutter in her shoe, and climbed up into the vent, able to hear the conversation more clearly now that she was out of the room. The voices traveled through the air vent as she crawled through.

"Why do I feel guilty?"

"Hmm?"

"I have this guilty feeling... I didn't have it before I dozed off. You kept guard on my part so that shouldn't be the issue, but ever since I woke up, something seems wrong." The second voice confessed, confused with this inner conflict of his.

Hmm, I wonder why.

The deep voice seemed hesitant to speak, "Y-yeah, but the dot is still there so there's nothing to worry about, right?"

"I hope so, I wish we got a real camera in there so we didn't have to stare at a dot all day, ugh.. it's boring."

I knew it all along...

"Why would a camera be better? We'd still be staring at something boring all day either way."