Memories

"The beautiful thing about memories is that they are yours; whether they are good, bad, or indifferent. They belong to you, and no matter where life takes you, your memories tie you to where you've been, and to where you are now."

Memories are strange things. Some are so incredibly clear, probably because you've thought about them a thousand times. Even if it's a memory you want to forget and get rid of. It'll always keep replaying in your head until you finally accept it.

The only way to get over it is in fact to accept that memory. Let it play through your head constantly. Don't fight it or else it'll just make it worse and the memories will come back harder. You have to be brave and face those memories.

If it's heartbreak then it's best to let the memories emerge. It's okay to remember and to cry. Because it shows you are brave and strong enough to remember and for accepting it.

If it's over friendship then just remember those good times. Remember all the laughs and smiles.

If it's a traumatic memory then it's best if you remember. Keep remembering. It will hurt like mad but in the end your mind will get so used to that memory that it won't even bother to replay ever again unless you want it to. You'll have total control over it.

Just remember that these memories are yours and yours alone.