Chapter 6 - Still Love Her

Owen POV

*Present time. July 23rd 2017. In front of Uncle and Erica's house.*

5 years. It's been 5 years since we've been in Charleston and my heart struggles to slow down just knowing that Sang is near. 

We've been threatened for 5 years from Volto. We've never been able to out run him for long, but a month ago he became violent. We don't know why or what triggered it but he's escalated far too quickly. A month ago we received a photo from Volto of a dead woman who looked eerily similar to Sang. We knew it wasn't her exactly but it didn't stop the fear that was creeping into all of our minds. We've received 3 more since. 4 women dead who look like Sang. We've stayed away. Something else has triggered him. As much as we all want to storm into her life and declare how much we love and miss her and everything that happened, we know based on the few calls we've had with Uncle and Erica over these last 2 years, we need to go about this delicately. That's why the 9 of us are cramped in this undercover van outside of Uncles waiting for any signs of life. We called and found out he isn't at the diner today, and we also found out Erica and Uncle moved in together in a new home a little over a year ago after Jessica went away to college. 

"Does anyone else think waiting here is a very bad idea?" Victor asked the van. Probably but I wasn't going to mention it. While my role in our family has changed, I still try not to get involved in the unnecessary panic. A few murmurs of agreement go around the van and we sit back in a tense silence. Sean is in the passenger seat next to me while the rest of the boys are looking out the blacked out back seat windows. A few moments later and a brand new Honda Odyssey pulls up along with a sleek black motor cycle out side of Uncles house and both he and Erica come swinging out the door. 

The next few moments leave out whole van speechless.

Axel and Brandon, from the Toma team come out of the Odyssey smiling at the person on the motorcycle. The most beautiful sight I've ever seen, Sang, whips her helmet off and smiles brightly at every one on the lawn. With the listening devices we have pointed at the house we can hear everything being said.

"Hey little bird. Are the kiddos here?" Uncle asks as he kisses Sang on the head.

"Yea Uncle, let me get them out. I've got to head to work for just a few hours. You know last minute stuff before we leave." She heads to open the back of the van and 2 little fire crackers come barreling out of the van.

"Roman Owen Sorenson! Riley North Sorenson! If you two don't come back here and help your momma we will not be going to Disney World for your birthday!" Sang shouts and my whole world crashes around me. I look at the little boy, who is no older than 4, with his black frame glasses that look like mine, there is no doubt in my mind that that is my son. I look at the other little boy next to him with his dark hair and scowl on his face and have no doubt in my mind that that is Norths son.

"Did you guys hear that?" Sean whispers next to me, breaking the silence in the van. Tears streaming around all of our faces as we all realize what we left.

"We understand mama. We're sorry." Roman, my son, tells Sang. 

"It's okay baby. Help your daddies get the triplets out of the van and then give me loves. I have to go to work." Sang answers affectionately but I'm stuck on everything else going on.

Axel and Brandon both kiss Sang lovingly, while curses are being spewed in our van but I can't focus on anything to hear it clearly. The 2 boys help Axel and Brandon getting something out of the van while Sang grabs something out of the trunk. A moment later 3 more little bundles come waddling out of the van screaming for Sang.

"Mama mama mama! No go!" A little girl screams, no older that 2, looking identical to Brandon and Corey. 

"Come here sweet girl. I'm just going to be gone for a few hours. You know mama has to help all the sick people at the hospital. I am a doctor you know." She smiles and winks at her little girl while hugging her tightly. I look over at Sean who starts crying even harder. That's his favorite line.