Chapter seven: Return of the Yavin 4 Runyip Rider

For the rest of the trip (Y/N) stayed in the cockpit and Poe watched her from where he was laying. He could see her wipe her eyes every so often.
------------------------
"What happens if I never see her again?" Poe asked his father.

"Then you have to move on. Sometimes the hardest part of loving something is letting it go." His father said as they watched (Y/N)'s ship going to Naboo leave.
------------------------------
Poe sighed. He didn't want to give (Y/N) up but if she meant what she told Hux then she doesn't like him but then her sleep talk didn't make sense. Poe was confused and extremely tired. He closed his eyes for a half second when he opened them he was in a room with a bed.

Poe, slowly and painfully, sat up and looked around. He was confused with where they were. He stood up and slowly walked to the doorway. Placing his hand on the door, he took a deep breath trying to figure out what he should say to (Y/N). He was a huge jerk on the ship and he really didn't mean to be.

"I'm not sure exactly what Poe got. After they blew up the ship we got out of there as fast as we could but we got into a fire fight with stormtroopers and we kept taking them out but Poe got hit. The rings work though we should start distributing the amongst the other pilots as well. We found a ship yard and the owner gave us a ship after she found out we were apart of the Resistance." He heard (Y/N) say.

"I assume Poe is resting?" That was General Mortez. He very rarely interacted with her but he was able to tell it was her voice.

"Yes. Kes put him in his guest room and he was sleeping." (Y/N) said. Poe looked around the hallway. How could he not recognize his own home?

"A healer has already been by. They said he was fine just a couple days rest then, while he will be sore, he should be fine." That was dad. Poe leaned against the wall. 'Go. Come on you have faced death. Why can't you face her?' He took a deep breath and moved.

"(Y/N)? Hey, where are you?" Poe called as he took a few steps. (Y/N) stepped around the corner and he flashed her a smile.

"What are you doing out of bed?" She asked. She walked over and let him wrap an arm around her as she walked back to the kitchen where the holopad was.

"Well, there wasn't a welcome crew when I woke up so I came looking for someone." Poe said as she helped him into a chair.

"Good to see you are still kicking, Poe." General Organa said.

"Are you kidding? I've had worse. Can't think of any but I've had worse." Poe joked. Both generals laughed and Kes smiled but (Y/N) didn't react.

"Alright. We will let the two of you get some rest and will see you in a few days once Poe is all healed and ready to go." General Organa said.

"Bye." (Y/N) and Poe both said. Kes watched the two for a moment and turned to leave.

"Kes you don-" (Y/N) started but stopped when Kes held a hand up.

"This scene has happened one to many times in this kitchen for me to know better. Something between you two is not right and you are going to talk about it. So, I am going to the market and will see you both at dinner." Kes said as he left, shutting the door behind him. (Y/N) stood for a little longer before she sat down at the table pulling the holopad closer to her and typing on it.

"(Y/N)?" Poe asked softly. Her hand hesitated then kept going and she didn't look up.

"Hmm?" She barely even answered and that hurt.

"Damn. I really messed everything up, didn't I?" Poe said with a slight laugh. That caught her attention because she set her hand down on the table and let out a long sigh.