Chapter 5 - Setbacks

Noah DuPont's Point Of View

'How many people did you say were killed?' I ask.

'three.' Damien answers fondling a piece of paper in his hands, eyeing Sancia with fear as she sits on her father's desk. ' But there were a further thirteen critically injured.'

'Who were the people involved in this incident?' Sancia chimes in.

'Uh, there was Bree Essrig, we had a bit of an issue with her and another girl earlier in the night. They got in a fight. Then there is also Anthony, he and Bree started it all. There was also Toby Turner, Acacia Brinley, Tiffy Quake, Ray Johnson, Peter Shukoff, Cassie Ho, Rebecca Black, Michelle Phan, Hannah Hart, Jack Harries, Harley Morenstein, Tyler Oakley and Olga Kay.'

'Who out of those were killed?' Noah booms starting to get a little fired up at this news.

'Bree, Tyler and Anthony.' Damien says making sure Sancia doesn't try to kill him.

'Who did Bree get in the fight with?' Sancia asks too cheerily.

'Jenna Mourey,' Damien tells her.

'She's alive isn't she?' Sancia questions.

'Yes.' Damien says checking the list over again.

'Sancia darling, what do you suggest we do with the injured.' Noah asks.

'Oh, just kill them.' Sancia says without batting an eyelid.

Noah presses a button on his desk. It buzzes and he speaks into it, ordering whoever is on the other line to kill the injured. Damien winces at the thought of having them killed, but he couldn't argue or he would end up in the same situation.

'So there is 34 people left.' Sancia states.

'Actually there's 24 people.' Damien corrects.

'Shut up!' Sancia yells glaring at him.

Damien slinks back. He copped a lot from Sancia over the last sixteen years. He had always been a good man but Sancia never cared. She almost crashed the plane he was driving one day with a single rock. She threw it and thought it was funny. She didn't get in trouble. She never got in trouble. Damien got a two week "vacation" because of that. It was Noah's way of telling him to be careful where you tread.

'Is the land ready?' Sancia asks her father.

'Almost darling.' He moans.

'I'm tired of waiting.' She complains.

'It's only been two days.' Her father states in an annoyed manner. 'Why don't you do those interviews you wanted to do?'

'Fine,' Sancia sighs.

______________________________________________________________________