Chapter 26

"Welcome to our beach house for the summer!" Taehyung presented to his boyfriend when they arrived mid June. Jungkook plastered a smile on his face. But it was mostly faked. He had something running through his mind.

His Birthday that was coming up fast. 'What if we were wrong?! What if we're not soulmates and I have to leave him?! I can't do that! I love him too much! I can't reject the other person if it isn't Tae. It'll kill that person and leave me cold! So that I still won't be able to go back to him! What the hell am I going to do?! Should I break up with him?! I wish I could at least make him my first. But there's a rule on that too.'

That rule would be this:
If you have sex with anyone that is not your soul mate. It will only cause pain. Forget about any pleasure. It will only be painful and leave you both wishing you were dead. It's basically impossible to cheat on your soul mate. If you do you will be writhing in pure agony. It's the most stupidest thing anyone can do. It might even crack your necklace. Leaving you cold or dead.

Now you may be thinking what many do. "Is this all real? Or do they only do this to scare people?" To answer that. It's all real. It's happened many times before. Honestly many more have witnessed it happen than those who haven't. It happens in an instant. Both Jungkook and Taehyung saw it when they were little.

The two boys had heard yelling. They ran to see what was going on. They saw two people with the same pendant yelling at each other. They heard the rejection. They saw as one dropped dead. It was the one who was rejected. While the other had a blue mist surrounding him. He looked panicked. Until the blue mist was zapped into his body. His facial expression hardened. His skin complexion paled and his eyes turned an icy blue.

So yes it was real. Jungkook had every right to freak out.

That didn't stop Taehyung from worrying. He walked up to his boyfriend and suggested they go to the beach. Jungkook agreed and they packed up. Grabbed Hope and they walked out their back door. Then walked across a long well built wooden plank. Stepped down the dark wooden steps and onto the beach.

They got lucky. With it being so late already. Many people were having dinner at this time or just now leaving the beach. So that they were all alone. They let Hope off her leash. Knowing she would behave and stay close.

"Alright Jungkook" Taehyung spoke up once they laid the large blanket down on the sand and sat down all the food. It wasn't windy and the sand was being calm. So that it was like something right out of a movie instead of real life.

Jungkook turned toward his lover.

"Yes?" Jungkook spoke as he looked at Hope who was leaping around in the sand.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook looked up with innocent eyes.

"Hmm? Nothing." Jungkook responded. He really didn't want to worry his boyfriend.

"No. You need to tell me. I'm your boyfriend." Taehyung argued. Really wanting to know what was going on inside the youngers head.

"It's really nothing Tae." Jungkook argued back. Wanting to drop it. But Taehyung wasn't going to let him.

"If it bothers you then it is important. You used to protect me from bully's and jerks. Now it's my turn to at least try and protect you from your self. Please? I want to know what is bothering the person I love the most." Taehyung begged as he looked at the other with his puppy eyes. Jungkook sighed and finally gave in.

"Fine!" Jungkook threw up his hands in defeat. As Tae smiled in victory.

"I'm scared that we're not soul mates and that we were actually wrong." Jungkook started off as he looked at Taehyungs expression. It was calm.

"What would make you ever doubt it?" Taehyung laughed.

"I don't know. Maybe because people don't always end up with who they want. Yoongi And Jimin were lucky. Nine times out of ten people don't even get who they wanted. Normally you get stuck with the person you thought you hated. Only to be surprised and find out how much you actually like each other after getting to know each other." Jungkook stated the truth. He didn't want to. He wanted to believe it truly was Taehyung who was his soul mate. But he might not be.

Except that he is. Neither boy will know for another few months. But they are soulmates. They just won't get that confirmation until Jungkooks special sixteenth Birthday. They'll just have to wait and hopefully not break up.

"Jungkook? Don't you realize it? We used to hate each other. Sure it was over something stupid. But we still hated each other until not long after my sixteenth Birthday. We've fought like hell to be together for months. There is no way I'm going to let you throw that away now. I finally got my first love and best friend back. I pushed you away once. Now you're starting to do it to me. So please tell me why you're willing to take a risk on us. Take a risk and trust it will be okay in the end. Trust that all our fighting was not in vain. Trust that we will be together. Can't you please do that? Can you please tell me what's got you so afraid?!" Taehung demanded.

Taehyung looked into his boyfriends eyes. Staring into them with fear, frustration and most of all sadness. Sometime during while he was talking his eyes had teared up and a single tear fell down his face when he blinked. Jungkook looked back at him with the same sadness and fear.

But something different caused Jungkooks fear. Taehungs fear was of loosing Jungkook. While Jungkooks fear was of failing to protect Taehyung.

"I am beyond terrified that we won't end up together. That could cost us our lives! I can't let you die. I swore to myself when I was little that I would do everything I could to protect you. I can't break that promise and let you die! It's that or we turn cold as ice. Which is probably worse. The Taehyung I fell in love with would be gone and it would be all my fault! Because I couldn't protect you! Your absolutely amazing and bright personality would be gone with a blink of an eye! Replaced with a cold unrecognizable person." Jungkook burst out his emotions. Sadness and fear dripping from every word.

Slowly Taehyung brought up his hand showing the silver promise ring Jungkook had gotten him for Christmas.

"This ring doesn't mean to you what it means to me and I want it to mean the same thing for the both of us." Taehyung declared.

"What does it mean to you?" Jungkook questioned as he brought up his own hand with the matching silver band.

"It means to me that we promise to fight for each other as long as we can. Fight to stay together. Fight to at least try and enjoy what time we do have. Can it please mean the same to you? Fight to stay together for as long as possible?" Taehyung questioned hesitantly as he brought up his pinky. Jungkook laughed at the childish promise.

"Fighting!" Jungkook declared with a grin.

"Good now let's enjoy our vacation." Taehyung declared back. Matching the youngers grin.