Vampire's Bite

As I entered the well-lit room, I was greeted by a middle-aged bartender that stood in front of the variety of drinks.

"Hey, can I get you something?" He asked me as I took a seat in front of him.

"Um..."

I was interrupted by a girl that looked like the same age as I was. She abruptly told the bartender, "Two Champagnes, please." The girl reached for my pocket and placed a note in there.

"Well, hi to you too," I chuckled, causing her to laugh along.

"You lesbo? Bi? Questioning?" There was a sparkle in her eyes that suggested something.

"Consider me butch."

"I'm lesbian."

"Awesome."

"I'm Elle. They call me Vamp." She whispered in my ear, "I'm a daredevil, by the way." Once she pulled away, she was already grinning from ear to ear.

"Charming."

"Playing hard to get?" Elle giggled anxiously, biting her lip.

"It's Kacii. Bummer, don't have a nickname though, really wish I had one to sound badass."

"You're cute. But something tells me that you're down. I'm calling you Blue."

Dave handed us our drinks and we both took a sip.

"Like the color, huh?"

"Yep."

"You're drunk right?"

"Nah, vampires don't get drunk, babe."

"Fine, I'll take it then, Vamp."

"Will you take me home?" Elle joked.

"You wish."

"Duty calls. Gotta go. See you." Elle winked back at me mysteriously, before disappearing into the shadows.

Just then, a honey-blonde girl took a seat right next to me.

"Noticed you from far away," she said, fluffing her bouncy curls.

"Cool, nice to know you have good vision." Something about the girl sent me some bad signals, so I hastily picked up my defensive side.

"So, I see you've taken interest in Vamp."

"And what makes you think that I was the one who approached her?"

"Okay, listen," she continued, "they call her Vamp for a reason. She's like a vampire. You won't break her. She will break you." She sat back in her seat, smiling for some reason.

For a second I questioned my innocence to fall for Vamp in any way. She seemed as if she was just like any other ordinary, cute girl. But something about her also made her look suspicious and in a way—even secretive. "So...what's your deal?" I asked, trying not to make myself seem hurt.

"Alena Davis. I'm questioning."

"Who's your love interest?"

"That girl over there." She pointed at a short brunette near where we were sitting, who was taking shot after shot.

"Oh dear."

"Dave." She waved over at Dave, who was busy helping make someone else's drink.

"What would you like?" Dave asked, putting his final touches on someone's cocktail.

"Jack Daniels. Today's been a hard day with me and my lover."

What's your name?"

"Kacii."

"You have a boyfriend, girlfriend...anyone that could've took you here?"

"Nah, I just moved here a couple of hours ago from Mississippi. My bro lives here."

"What's his name?"

"Aidan."

"Wait. You mean your damn brother is Aidan Macias?" Her eyes became the size of watermelons.

"Yeah, what's so shocking about him?"

"Aidan and his boyfriend are like the center of attention here."

"He has a boyfriend now and he hasn't told me?"

"Oof. You should be questioning your relationship with your brother if he hasn't been telling you these things."

"Well, who's his boyfriend?" My heart was beating faster in curiosity than Dave was making her drink.

"Devin Lopez."

"Who is he?"

"You know, you'll figure it out." Dave handed her her drink. "Eventually." And with that, she walked away from me, leaving me absolutely shocked.