Texts

I made my way back to outside of the restaurant, where I took a seat to text Aidan to see if he was back yet to pick me up.

-Kacii. are you coming back soon? need ya to pick me up.

-Aidan. where are you? i called you seven times and you didn't pick up! it's already 8 PM and you're not even home yet! i got so damn worried.

-Kacii. sorry i'm at this restaurant right now.

-Aidan. from freaking Fondoli? what is it, a date?

-Kacii. uh...long story.

-Aidan. well I'm sure i wouldn't want to hear about it.

-Kacii. can you please still pick me up though?

-Aidan. be there in a few.

-Kacii. thanks, really.

I closed off my phone, shivering in the cold. I looked back into the restaurant. No sign of Travis, I thought, smiling to myself. I decided that it would be best if I were to leave as quick as I could. 

-Kacii. meet you in front of Fondoli?

-Aidan. yeah, whatever.

I arrived at Fondoli only minutes later, with some help from Google Maps. A sweet California breeze hit me again, tantalizing my senses almost immediately. I stood in front of Fondoli, looking like a stupid person that was missing out on all of the fun that was going on inside the bar. At last, Aidan's car pulled up in front of the gay bar.

"Ugh. Hate you," he said, rolling his eyes at me the instant I entered the car.

"Sorry, I got carried away."

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" He exhaled deeply.

"My phone was on silent."

"Nice excuse. I like the fact that you actually tried this time."

"No, really."

Aidan took a right turn onto the street the condo was on. "Just let me know next time. I was worried sick when I came home at around 3. I even canceled a date I promised Devon tonight for you."

"I'll try to inform you beforehand next time." I stared out the window, only knowing personally that that couldn't have happened this time. 

"Okay."

We hopped out of the car and entered the condo after Aidan took a turn at the lock with his keys. Devon was busy binging Netflix in the family room. Apparently Aidan and Devon had to stay home instead of go on their date because of me, so they had a movie night.

"Were you watching without me?" Aidan said sassily, running over to tackle Devon playfully.

"No, I was binging without you," Devon said in between giggles, teasingly punching him back.

What a cute couple.

I sprinted upstairs in a hurry so I could watch my new favorite TV show on Youtube TV live. Since it was going to start in 15 minutes, I was supposed to brush my teeth and get ready to go to sleep earlier. Before going upstairs, I had grabbed countless amounts of bags of popcorn and a simple bottle of water. However, just as I was brushing my teeth, I was given why another strange surprise.

-Elle. so we haven't talked in a long time.

I ignored her.

-Elle. so. how you doing?

-Kacii. what do you want?

-Elle. tell you what. the nearby movie theatre is playing Titanic for Throwback Week. wanna come? i'll give you a ride. just got a new car.

I wondered if it'd still be worth missing my favorite TV show and a night of snacks and binging.

-Kacii. no.

-Elle. c'mon. why did you decide that quickly? you've never even been on a movie date with me.

-Kacii. well guess i'm never going to.

-Elle. i bet you wanna ;)

-Kacii. I don't want to go on some stupid movie date with you bc we're not together. get that? it's called the truth. you should tell it sometimes, Elle.

-Elle. oof. burn. good thing i have some roses to make it up? :)

-Kacii. no matter how much I wanna see your sorry ass try to give one hell of an apology, I'd rather not get a stomachache from cringing all night.

-Elle. seriously, Kacii? fine. we can talk it out over the movie. please.

-Kacii. oh wow. so desperate. i still have work tomorrow. bye now. go scurry off.

-Elle. i know you were about to binge watch anyways.

-Kacii. stop it you stalker.

-Elle. and I also know that every night you stay up until after midnight, and that your pjs are just a regular tank top and a pair of sweats. it's not called being a stalker, it's called knowing someone you love real well. ;)

-Kacii. look. ya messed up. i'd wish i can forgive you, but i don't wanna.

-Elle. and i wish i can explain to you how Alena has been lying this entire time. please, just give me a chance.

I thought of Travis to give me a temporary excuse, just for the particular moment.

-Kacii. i'm in a sort of messy "relationship" right now.

Thoughts of Tianna and the romantic evening I shared with her also flooded my mind.

-Kacii. maybe even two.

-Elle. oh damn. player. well good thing i don't care.

-Kacii. please, what even.

-Elle. c'mon, you're face to face with a good chance. it's not everyday you can get asked out by Elle Willis.

-Kacii. i'll think about it.

-Elle. we only have like 20 minutes left.

-Kacii. fine. and why should i go again?

-Elle. you'll just love it. i promise.

-Kacii. oh geez. these "promise" things don't seem like they're your thing.

I closed my phone and sighed. Seconds later, I got up to go get changed.