A Night Out

***6 PM***

Elle had taken me out for a dinner out at an Italian restaurant. We had spent the past hour talking about our crazy lives while munching on our orders. She had a Parmesan Alfredo with green onion while I had gotten pasta drenched in tomato sauce and vegetables.

"There is still no damn way your brother is Aidan Macias," Elle said.

"Elle..."

"By the way," she leaned in closer to me and whispered, "I've never taken a girl out on a date at my favorite restaurant before." Elle winked then pulled away, stabbing her fork in another mouthful of her Alfredo. 

"Flirtatious, I see. I like it," I replied, leaning back in my chair.

The waiter stopped by our table. He looked like he was about our age, maybe even younger. "Are there any other things I can get for you lovely ladies?"

"We're good, thanks."

"And, can I get one of your numbers?"

Elle gave him a cold stare. The waiter immediately walked away, seemingly perturbed in a way.

"Whoa there, mystery girl. What was that?" I grinned at her, making her giggle nervously.

"They call me Vamp, remember?"

"Ha. Bad excuse, but I'll take it."

"Tough girl." She raised her hand. "Wimp, check please."

I chortled. "You've embarrassed the shit out of that poor college dude."

"Heh. Wouldn't say so. He gets what he gets for hitting on us, right?"

Suddenly, the waiter walked by with a tomato-red face and quickly dropped off the check and scurried away, before being paused by Elle.

"Loser," she handed the plate over to him, which she placed a sheet of paper with a phone number on it instead of money.

The poor waiter gulped, then answered, "Your meal's on me. Thanks girls."

We exited the restaurant as fast as we could, snickering the whole way out the door.

"So what did you scribble on the paper?" I asked.

"The kid dropped his phone book while walking away the first time. What a geek. Stole his number and wrote it down for him to keep. Well, at least we walked away with a free meal, my girl."

My reaction caused her to titter.

"Are you kidding? Wow, we got lucky though."

We stopped when we realized that we had reached Fondoli Bar. Elle and I shared a look, showed the bouncer our IDs, then entered the bar.

"Wait, so why do they check our IDs at the front?" I asked Elle.

"Heh. It's more of a gay club than of a gay bar. Heard something happened with a fifteen-year-old who took a drink here. Now they've hired a bouncer for security and stuff." She smirked. "Wanna grab a drink?"

"Sure." 

We hastily found our way to the bartender, who surprisingly wasn't Dave. She was an old lady with silver locks, gold-frame glasses, and a cane that stood beside her. "Can I get you two lovers any drinks?"

"Of course." Elle stared at me, as if she was trying to read my expression. "Two red wines, please."

"Ooh, how romantic, me lady." I smacked a pile of crumpled bills from inside my pocket to pay for our drinks.

"Ha. You try taking a beautiful girl out on a date and not buying her a romantic drink."

That moment struck both of us like bolts of lightning. A spark flew between us; we both could feel its undeniable presence. Suddenly, both our lips seemed to drift closer and closer...