Truth Or Truth

We snuck up to the third level with two bottles of wine and two glasses.

"Okay, sure, I haven't been all that honest with you ever since you came." He poured some white wine out for himself, immediately taking a sip after.

"Well, it isn't honesty we're talking about. Just being more open," I said, pouring some out of the bottle for myself.

"Fine then. How about we do this the easy way?" He smiled at me.

"Nothing better than a game of 'Truth Or Truth'," I replied, clinging my glass onto his to "cheers".

***9 AM***

"Truth Or Truth." Aidan said sheepishly.

We were both sitting on the floor of the room and were almost drunk.

"Truth."

"Have you hooked up with Elle yet?" he chuckled.

"Nope."

"Coward."

"Let's get this straight. I'm not the one that made out with their boss' son for three hours on end."

"You don't get the gay life."

"C'mon man! A circle's more straighter than me."

"Ha-ha. That's what you think, little sis."

"Okay Aidan. Truth... or truth?" I said dramatically, causing him to burst out laughing.

"Truth."

"You better get ready. I thought of a good one."

"Okey-dokey."

"Who was your first kiss?"

"Seventh grade. I kissed Aylin Whitney."

"You did? Scandalous."

"It was a dare but it felt so good."

"You're drunk."

"What? No. Kacii, truth or truth?"

"Hm... truth."

"How often do you go to Fondoli?"

"Every day."

"Get a job, loser."

"Not like you have one yourself."

"I do, you dumbass. I work at a personal gifts shop for Mrs. Willis."

"Another thing you've never told me."

"You should sign up some time."

"I'm sure she'll hate me there."

"C'mon you stupid miser. She pays me fifty damn bucks per hour for working the register or just talking to cute guys and gals throughout the day."

"I'll think about it."

Aidan got up. "Imma take a nap with Devin. I'm wasted."

"You sure are." My phone buzzed twice in a row from messages from an unknown number.

-Unknown. hey this is alena

-Kacii. um why are you talking to me again...?

-Alena. meet me at gazelle fountain at 5

-Kacii. what why should i trust you

-Alena. because i have information you should know

-Kacii. fine. i'll be there

-Alena. you won't regret it ;)

What a creep. At first glance she seemed like a pretty innocent teenager. Yet once you get to somewhat know her she becomes the most demanding creature in the world. I had no other choice but to go, since Aidan had told me earlier that he and Devin wanted some "alone time" later around 4. My original plan was to hang out with Elle at Fondoli, but that clearly backfired.

"Whatever," I said to myself, climbing into the bed in that room and chugging the rest of the wine in the bottle.

***AIDAN'S CONDO, 4 PM***

I decided that I would come a bit earlier since Aidan wanted me out the house so early. I grabbed my coat, darted down two flights of stairs, than started heading out the door.

"Looking fine tonight." Devin smirked. "Going anywhere?" He was buttoning his collared shirt.

"Um, yeah," I replied, closing the door just as I remembered that I needed a ride. "Aidan! Can I borrow your car?"

"Nope!" Aidan yelled from upstairs, "Just take an uber or something!"

"Ugh fine." I texted Delphi to ask for a ride.

-Kacii. hey can i get a ride?

-Delphi. of course sister

-Kacii. thanks, really

-Delphi. no problem

I closed my phone and stuffed it in a pocket of my jeans.

"I'm sorry I didn't properly introduce myself." Devin stepped forward and held out a hand. "I'm Devin Lopez, your brother Aidan's boyfriend."

"Oh, hi." I shook his hand. "I'm Kacii, by the way, Aidan's little sister." There was an awkward pause between us before I checked my watch and saw that I was almost going to be late. "Hey, sorry I got to take a rain check. I have to go now. Well, talk to you later Devin!" I swiftly made my way to Delphi's parked car beside our house.

"What's up, Macias."

"Hey, Delphi." I entered the car and started a conversation immediately. "Gazelle Fountain. Would you call it weird if a girl randomly got my number and texted me to meet her there?"

"What? We heading there now?" She itched her head in confusion.

"Yeah. I just don't know if she's trustworthy or not.

"So you know her?"

"I met her at Fondoli. She randomly came up to me and it became some salty convo from there."

"Ah. Who is it?"

"Alena Davis, I think."

"Alena? Goodness. That girl is pretty damn crazy. She's dated your brother, by the way."

"Well, who hasn't?" I harmlessly joked.

She chortled. "I say you grow some guts and go meet the damn girl. What wrong could she do? She's the size of a baby ant and purposely even asked you to meet her at a public attraction. Last time I checked, that sounds like it could be more of a date than a time for her to beat you up or something."

A date? The words shook in my head. "I doubt it, but thanks, Delphi." The image of a grand fountain painted itself to life with its artistic sprays, glossy white foundation, and Greek architectural design. I've only heard of Gazelle Fountain, yet had never laid my eyes on the extraordinary masterpiece. There were not as many people there as I had reckoned, only a honey blonde girl sitting on the other side of the fountain, staring at the legendary sunset that spray its elegant colors all about the extensive horizon.