Weekend

I pulled away in terror. What was I doing? Days of never ending stress only to be extended because of my naive decisions. "I... I can't." I exited the room immediately, closing the door forcefully as I left Elle inside there by herself. But I was all too late. I was already way too shameful at what had just occurred and already regretting my secret—our secret. I swung my bag around my body and dashed out the door to find home.

Aidan hurriedly chased me down three blocks. "C'mon now, Kacii! Why... why are you running away... so... quickly?" he panted, trying to catch up.

"Two years of cross country and relationships with girls and yet my life's still horrendous." I finally said, turning around to face him abruptly.

"No, no." Aidan reached for both of my wrists. "You got it all wrong. Kacii. Listen to me. That girl seemed poisonous from the start. Honestly, you're better off without her. Your relationship is treacherous. Don't cut the thread. I say... you join Devin and me for a weekend getaway. What do you think?"

"I... I don't know." I gandered down at my shoes, questioning my every life regret at the moment.

"Now tell me what's really wrong."

"Would you understand?"

"Seriously? This shit again? Sis, I've dated like a hundred girls. This is all too easy to understand to me." He smiled brightly.

"I might've kind of... like kissed Elle again..."

There was a deadly pause that brought the tension up quite a bit. I stared into his dark pupils, calculating the possibility of making it out alive. Suddenly, I felt his hand grasp onto my forearm.

"Kacii—you're going with us to San Francisco whether you like it or not."

I grinned excitedly.

***AIDAN'S CONDO, 8PM***

We got home pretty late from getting shakes on the way. Devon greeted us at the door with open arms, just in time to hear the "good news".

"Devon, we have some pretty awesome news."

"What's up, babe?" He asked, taking a sip out of the chocolate fudge milkshake we ordered for him.

"Kacii's going with us to San Fransisco over the weekend!"

"Ooh. Exciting," Devon replied, hugging us both.

"Thanks for letting me tag along," I commented.

"Of course. You've been having a pretty rough week. I thought to myself about it and realized that something just as small as that might just be enough to cure your broken heart. So screw that chick Elle and here we come San Fransisco!" Aidan shouted.