part three

*Two days later..

"Baaakugou~" My face rested on my hand, eyes flashing towards Kirishima as he tried out my newly discovered name. I frowned at the teasing smirk on his face. "What?" I huffed, not wanting to start a conversation. Kirishima looked a bit more frantic when I turned to look at him. A scratch on his jaw. "Are we friends?" He asked rather nervously. I took this as an opportunity to study him subtly, calmy. His features flowed together on a river of smooth, light colored skin. His facial features topped his face like lily pads on a river. I found myself comparing his spikes to a cactus, even though he wasn't a prick at all. I wonder if its soft when it's unstyled. "No," I managed to snap myself out of my thoughts. Kirishima looked hurt, but it was replaced by an expression of slight determination. He let out a small huff, and the lunch bell rang shortly after. "Kaminari! Can I eat with you and Sero?" He leaped from his seat, an excited look painted on his face. I felt my skin prick with jealousy, even though I wouldn't admit it. The yellow haired boy quickly took Kirishima up on his request.

*lunchroom

Ever since the beginning of the school year, a horned, pink-skinned girl had been convinced she could be anyone's friend. She's been working on me, and I don't really mind. She's incredibly annoying at times, but I felt pretty relaxed today. Mina was chatting in uncontrollable excitement about her trip to some ski resort. I tried to stifle a yawn, but it came out despite my efforts. "Ah i'm sorry Bakugou, that must be pretty boring," she quickly folded her hands together apologetically. "Damn straight it is," My glare met her her soft eyes and she smiled. (She isn't interested in him, sorry if that came off wrong.) "We can talk about something else..ah! What about the recipe to your katsudon? I heard you make a mean one! Maybe I could try it som.." I didn't listen to the rest of Mina's conversation, something had caught my eye. Two figures were standing in the hallway, at the entrance of the lively cafeteria. A wavy, pink haired boy with pale skin. He was insanely tall as well. The other figure- obviously male as well -was concealed in the shadows. They were out of earshot, but I watched their body language.

The pink haired boy seemed dismissive as if he was explaining something, he was very stiff. He almost seemed to be in a low argument with the other. The other was shaking, fists clenched. I don't like the look of the tall kid, he pisses me off. I still couldn't make out his face. "...and I really enjoy sour things. Um..Bakugou? What's up?" I turned to look at Mina. "Do you know who the hell that is?" I motioned towards the pink haired boy. She stole a fairly long glance at him and she gained her happy aura again. "I sure do! He went to middle school with Kirishima and I. And ever since eighth grade, they've spent a ton of time together. I guess they're just really great friends!"

Hanging around Kirishima? There it was. That vexatious twinge of jealousy. I shrugged the feeling off and rested my hand on my cheek, occasionally stealing glances at the two, and listening to Pinky at the same time. Same body language. Nothing changed..until the tall one began to show signs of violence. He grabbed the other by his wrists, and snarled something into his ear. Once finished, he flung his wrists down, and stalked down the hallway in the opposite direction. The shorter male stood there for a moment. His hands were brought up to his face, covering it. Then he stepped out of the shadows. A tear stricken, sleep deprived, desolate expression. Teary red eyes complimented by bright red hair. I stared at the boy stupidly.

"Kirishima..?"