CHAPTER 8 - SCARS

- Eros -

I punched the dummy harder, firmer, faster, with everything I had.

Her eyes flashing through my mind every so often, confident, daring, fearless.

"You hit like a pussy," Payne called out from somewhere behind me and I growled.

I rammed the dummy in a final blow as the head flew off the figure and crumbled on the ground.

I grabbed Payne by the collar and roughly pushed him up the mirror, cracking it in the process.

"I WANT TO DIE PAYNE! I WANT TO FUCKING DIE!" I shouted at him and my voice rang out in his empty gym.

"WELL YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU?!" He yelled back and kicked my torso.

I flew back slightly and the rage scorched through me like it never did.

I raised a fist and slammed it down on his face, he fell back and coughed out blood.

"KILL ME!" I roared and he ran to me, throwing a flying kick to my head and I toppled backwards. 

He grabbed the bar bell and slammed it on my leg before swinging it to my head. The crack I heard and felt was like sweet victory to me.

He grabbed me by my neck and lifted me up, I choked and felt the pool of blood in my mouth flow down the sides of my face.

"You're a fucking coward you know that?! I may not have lived forever but every life time I'm reincarnated I see you in the same pathetic state since the day you paired Psyche. 

You've barely gotten yourself out of that and now you have a fucking crush on Destiny?! It's been two weeks dude! Get over it! You're not even living anymore Eros!"

I couldn't breathe, Payne swung me down on the ground and I heard my spine snap. The pain sizzled within me and I smiled.

"D-Dude you h-hit w-w-worse than a girl," the words jumbled up in my bloodied mouth.

He stood up and glared at me, "You're not the only one being punished Eros, the fact that I reincarnated so many times is my punishment because I didn't stop you from entering the human realm. And for you bringing her to heaven.

My sentence is to watch you wasting your forever away. Tormenting and trying to kill yourself because of your lack of will to live.

If you're sick of living then I'M SICK OF WATCHING YOU LIVE LIKE THIS!" He fired and swung a punch to my cheek.

The sweet sick feeling of pain that pumped through me made me feel more alive than I've ever been.

My broken body splayed on the floor as blood kept rushing out of me. 

Kill me please.

Payne screamed something out into the empty space and strode out angrily. He knows I'll be fine, I know that too. 

It's sick that nothing can happen to me.

My bones started cracking and I cringed, feeling my body start to heal itself. Blood stopped flowing out of me and I groaned, lifting myself up.

My phone chimed from the other end of the gym and I stared at it. The annoying tone that has been ringing out for centuries.

"AND GO AND PAIR THAT DUMB COUPLE!" I heard Payne yell from somewhere outside and I wiped the blood off my mouth.

My back ached like a bitch, Payne beat me up good this time.

Not good enough for me to die though.