CHAPTER 10 - ONLY YOU

- Eros -

"You're kidding right? I just told you to fucking stop playing-" I put my finger on her lips and felt my skin buzz where I touched her.

Oh sweet mother of Greece.

"You said you'll be open minded."

She pushed my hand away, her cheeks blushing a beautiful girly pink, "Fine."

"That night, at Trevor's concert, I was there to pair a couple."

"So you're a matchmaker?"

Look how far we've come.

I nodded, "I guess, if you put it that way then yes."

"Who were you matchmaking?"

My mouth went dry, "I uh-"

"No more lies Eros."

My name sounded a million times sexier from her.

"I was there to match you with Trevor."

The fierceness in her eyes was replaced by confusion, "You were what?"

Should I tell her everything?

"I was there to match you with Trevor."

"Why would you match us? We didn't hire a fucking matchmaker."

Oh boy.

"I'm not your average matchmaker, I am of another kind."

"Why are you talking like that? What are you trying to say? You're cupid or something?"

Technically I'm the real deal, not the Roman duplicate Cupid.

"I am Eros, I was born in Greece but was conceived heavenly. My job here on Earth is to pair humans. I've been doing that for thousands of years and that was what I did with you."

She blinked at me, something clicking in her mind.

"Almost every time I saw you, I felt a stabbing pain in my heart. Then I felt woozy and dizzy out of nowhere. That was you?"

Of course she knew, I've shot her three times now. She was bound to feel something.

I nodded, "I paired you with Dylan twice, and I paired you with Trevor that night at the concert."

She moved back from me, "What the hell are you?"

"I'm a God Destiny, I'm the God of Love and Lust itself."

She shook her head, "You're fucking crazy. If you're so brilliant, why would you pair me with a dumb ass like Dylan then match me with an abusive Trevor?"

"That's what I want to know too, why can't you just fucking stay with someone?"

She glared at me, "Oh is it my fault now that I can't stay attached?"

"I'm not implying that it's your fault babe but I'm trying my very best to make sure you find your partner."

And won't be left alone like me.

She shook her head, "I still don't trust you, God of Lust and Love? If you're trying to turn me on with a title like that, I must say it's not working."

Why is she so difficult?

"I'll prove it to you, meet me back here tomorrow night. I'll show you my work."

She gave me her signature glare, a fucking sexy one at that. She sighed, "If I find out all this is a lie, tomorrow will be the last time you see me."