CHAPTER 13 - LOST IN MY MIND

- Eros -

Destiny has been updating her social media frequently for a few days. Since the night I've paired her. Pictures of her and her buff Partner/Personal Trainer, Jordan Hunter, have flooded her account.

Some fans calling her a slut, some cheering on for her. 

There was something in every picture though, something I couldn't detect from her. It was missing. 

I just couldn't put my finger on what was absent from those pictures.

To say I felt like utter shit was an understatement. I felt totally nothing. My heart was completely numb and void of all sorts of emotions.

I didn't even have it in me anymore.

I did feel a little angry at the harsh comments directed at Destiny, a lot angry actually. But she was handling everything well on her own. That was how she was.

Payne hasn't spoken to me, only has been picking up the pieces for every day that I've tried to kill myself.

I survived the fall off my roof obviously. That was two days ago now. He wasn't very happy to find my body splayed out on the ground with my neck broken. 

I drove into a tree yesterday, at 240km/hour. He wasn't very happy about finding my bloodied body thrown halfway out the windscreen with a broken skull.

He seemed more sad for my car than for me. I remember him saying something along the lines of, "If you wanted to die at least leave your car out of this."

He probably already ordered a new set of the cars that I've damaged.

I stared at the needle on my table, it was quite huge. It was filled with concentrated strychnine solution.

I heard a small dose of this thing could kill an adult human in a matter of hours.

Maybe it will take me out of my pathetic life for a while.

Let's see.

Attacks the central nervous system, check.

Violent contraction of muscles, check.

Paralysis of the respiratory pathways, check.

Sounds like a painful way to go. Good.

The knock on my office door brought me back to reality for a moment. Payne never knocks.

"Come in," I called out.

The door creaked open and she stepped in. Daintily, softly, gently, like a Princess.

I stood up, my voice threatening to shake, "Destiny."

She smiled at me, whatever that was missing  in her pictures was present here though. 

She wore a white, off the shoulder top, with a pair of black and white striped shorts. Modern, classy and beautiful. More so with the delicate pair of heels.

Her aura was bright and lively, something I loved from her.

"I was passing by and wanted to come check in on you," she strode in and eyed the syringe on my table.

I opened the top drawer and slid the needle in before she could inquire. I gestured towards the sofa seats, "Have a seat."

I went to the pantry, "Would you like a drink?"

"A hot chocolate will be nice," she called out.

My heart was out of rhythm for a moment, she remembers the drink I made for her.