CHAPTER 12 - WHAT I LIKE

- Eros -

I didn't want to lie to her. I'd rather tell her the truth than to sugar coat anything. I hope she appreciated it.

Or at least not lash out at me.

I couldn't tell what was going on in her mind, but she was silent and her face was relatively blank.

"You managed to fuck her without turning into stone?" She asked after a while.

I nodded slowly, suddenly feeling the confidence within me fade the more I was in her presence.

"That's quite a feat, probably the reason why you keep one of her snake heads on display huh?"

I closed my eyes, her sarcasm was horrendously sour and bitter coming from her. Her reddish orange aura was turning slightly grey and I opened my eyes to look at her beautiful face.

I took her soft hands in mine, "If I knew you were going to come along in my life, I would never have slept with anyone else."

Her eyes bored into mine, she was already sick and annoyed with me. I was a player in every aspect, it was a horrible wish of mine that she would accept someone like me.

"How did she die?" She asked.

"I helped Perseus kill her," my voice faltered and I realised just how much of an asshole I was.

She pulled away from my embrace and turned towards the holograms on the table, "How does this work?"

She was diverting away from the topic and I didn't know what to do about it. If I should explain myself to her, it might further worsen things.

"Just type in a name and the algorithm will do the pairing. Only one person can be paired with another," I filled her in solemnly.

So much for letting her know everything.

She keyed in her name and the algorithm spun out some numbers and crap. She stared at it and waited, all the while being quiet and looking at the footage of other humans in other parts of the world.

It was pathetic of me, the God of Love had no idea what to do with the woman he was attracted to.

Alone. 

I shivered at the voice ringing in my head. Fear rising within me.

Will Destiny not talk to me again?

The hologram and monitors chimed, I strode over to where she stood, my heart pounding loudly in my chest.

MATCH CONFIRMED: JORDAN HUNTER & DESTINY PAIGE

Name: Jordan Hunter
Occupation: Personal Trainer
Hobby: Working Out
Hair: Straight, Ash Brown
Body Built: Toned, Muscular
Height: 1.81m
Weight: 85kg
Eye Colour: Green
Star: Capricorn
Birthday: 19 January 1987
Temperament: Choleric

Name: Destiny Paige
Occupation: Actress
Hobby: Dancing
Hair: Wavy, Dark Red
Body Built: Hourglass
Height: 1.72m
Weight: 58kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Star: Cancer
Birthday: 21 June 1993
Temperament: Sanguine

I felt the air in my lungs leave me, she was paired with someone else again. 

How many times do I have to do this?

"What do we do now?" She asked softly and I blinked at her, feeling my heart ache horribly.

"The machine back there, it makes the arrows."