CHAPTER 9 - SPACE BETWEEN

- Eros -

I've never felt particularly protective over anything my whole life.

But I was going to keep this woman safe with me.

I stood in front of her as Trevor maniacally ran in looking for Destiny.

She shivered badly behind me and I felt my muscles tighten, what did he do to her?

"DESTINY PAIGE I KNOW YOU ARE HERE!" He yelled and the crowd started giving him weird looks.

He caught me staring at him and stomped over, people moved aside to let him through. He stopped in front of me, his aura was dark and ugly. Something was wrong.

He stared behind me where she was hiding and glared at me, "Let her go."

I folded my arms and stared him down, "What did you do to her?"

"That's none of your fucking business now give my wife back to ME!" He snapped and reached out for her but I blocked him off.

Wife? Since when?

Since the day you shot them idiot.

She clutched the back of my shirt tight and I put a hand out to stop the crazy man, "It becomes my business when a girl so happy starts running into my club looking like she's seen a ghost. So you better leave or I'll call the cops on you."

His eyes widened and he started laughing crazily, "COPS?! You can summon the Greek Gods down and she'll still belong to ME!"

Ah well...

He pushed me slightly but I recovered quickly, seeing him pull a pocket knife out from his jeans and thrusting it at me.

I stopped his hand mid air as lightning flashed in the club, the colour in his face drained and I twisted his wrist till he released the knife.

Even with all the noise and music around me, I could hear Destiny's soft crying. It broke me, and I felt rage seep into my blood.

I stared down at Trevor and twisted his wrist till it broke. His cries were blanketed by the commotion as rain started pouring down on the dance floor.

I looked towards the bar and saw two of the Elite men standing there. The last one I didn't identify could manipulate the weather.

I scoffed, nice timing.

I glared down at Trevor and grabbed him up by his collar, "Get the fuck out of my face."

I kicked him in the gut and he flew a distance away, people moved away as I gestured for Payne to drag him the hell out of there.

Everyone was hollering and enjoying themselves in the indoor rain. They barely even took note of the struggle we had here.

I turned round, finally getting a proper look at Destiny. She was shaking horribly, the rain soaking through her flimsy dress.

What would make her run out dressed like this?

I held her shoulders and she cringed, her frightened eyes finding mine.

Her aura was tainted slightly black in contrast to her usual reddish orange.

"Are you okay?" I asked carefully.

She shivered and nodded, "Thank you."

I brushed her wet hair away from her face, her breathing coming in gasps.

"Let's dry you up," I held her fragile body close to me as I got us out of there and into my office near the back of the club.

***