CHAPTER 15 - ONLY FOOLS

- Eros -

I managed to smile, it felt different seeing her during the day.

She was grinning and chatting with another female whom I recognised as her manager. I looked towards the sexy Aston Martin they just got out of and I whistled.

That was a fucking sweet ride.

The ladies entered the cafe and no I wasn't being a creep. I just wanted to know how Destiny got on with her life.

I slid my car into a lot a distance away from Destiny's and checked myself in the mirror. She'll spot me immediately if I walked in like this. I pulled open the compartment and grabbed a pair of sunglasses and a newspaper.

Not the best disguise but I didn't exactly have a bunch of costumes or something ready in my car.

I put my sunglasses on, took the newspaper and got out of the car, my mood felt better now that I had something to do.

Of course it would be better to just approach her and ask to have a meal with her, but where's the fun in that?

And more importantly, she was paired. I wouldn't want to mess things up again.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and went inside the cafe. The smell of coffee and bread invaded my lungs and I was momentarily captivated by the different pastries in the glass fridge display beside the counter.

I scanned the area briefly and caught sight of Destiny and her manager sitting in a corner. 

Okay Eros, don’t be a creep. Just be normal and sit a few seats away.

I ordered an Americano and a croissant, it was a simple process. But the lady attending to me kept trying to flirt and start a conversation with me.

“Are you new around here? I don’t think we’ve met,” the long blonde haired lady winked at me and I stared at her.

I’ve been away from the flirting game for about a month and I’ve totally forgotten how to talk to people.

“I’m not new and we’ve not met. Have you rung my order in?” I glanced around quickly and found a queue starting to form behind me.

“Oh you’re not new around here?! Goodness how could I not have seen you before?!” She freaking nearly shrieked and I eyed her so hard I hoped she would shut up or Destiny would find out I was here. This city is crazy huge, obviously she couldn’t have seen every single male in this town.

I nearly wanted to slap my forehead, “Listen, just ring my order in. The line is being held up.”

She smiled brightly at me and I wanted to groan but she keyed my order in and I could finally pay up.

She gripped on my hand as I handed some cash to her and she leaned closer to me, “Call me, my nights are mostly free, for you of course.”

Good God what is wrong with her?

I realised she wrote her number on my receipt and I looked back at her as she sent me yet another wink.

I glanced at Destiny and she was still happily chatting with her manager. There was something about her that made her look more cheerful today. It was odd. Maybe Jordan was making her happier.

The dull aching in my heart annoyed me and I grabbed my coffee and croissant before finding a seat somewhat near hers. I sat with my back facing hers so she wouldn’t see me.

I felt more at peace knowing she was so close to me. She felt like home.

I whipped out my newspaper and pretended to read, trying to overhear what Destiny was saying to her manager.