FIN.

— • —

— • —

A rush of darkness came over the four individuals, their hands suddenly free of handcuffs, instead grasping at the darkness in search of something, anything.

Orion turned frantically, her eyes wide with fear. "Hello?" No response. "Hello?" No response. "Tom?" Silence. "Mateo?" Silence. "...Kelsey?" Silence.

She could feel it approaching. The impending anxiety attack. Her hands were beginning to shake, heart thumping loudly in her chest as she cried out, her eyes screwing shut. Slowly, she sunk further and further to the ground, desperately gasping for breath.

It hurt. Everything hurt.

There was nothing left for her. All she had was darkness.

Loud cries escaped her as she accepted her fate, no hope left in her.

Then arms wrapped around her crumbling frame, the familiar scent invading her nostrils. Yet she kept crying, her small hands gripping onto his t-shirt, bringing him as close as possible.

Tom and Orion remained kneeled in the center of the room embraced for some time, neither taking a moment to acknowledge their surroundings, only focused on one another.

"I'm here, we're okay," Tom repeated over and over to the sobbing girl, until she was able to breathe correctly. Tears still streamed wildly down her cheeks as she lifted her head, gazing into Tom's eyes with a pool of sadness in her eyes. He cupped her cheeks, wiping away her tears with one swipe. "We're okay, we're together, we're gonna be okay," he whispered to her, Orion nodding slowly.

"We're together, we're gonna be okay," she repeated.

Tom slowly lowered his hands from her face, taking a moment to look around their surroundings. They were in what appeared to be a new home, the layout resembling the one they had previously. Except there was one minor details. The place looked barely inhabitable. The floors were stained, the cabinets looked like they'd been ransacked, furniture was turned over.

"This is our new home," Orion breathed out, brows pinched together in disgust.

Tom sighed, shaking his head. "This is our new hell."

— • —

I ALWAYS WANTED TO WRITE A SAD ENDING FOR A BOOK AND BOOM HERE IT IS

THIS IS THE END OF HEAVEN YALL

(i'll prob do a sequel in a few months tbh im just so swamped w books rn that i cant)
((srsly remind me in like 3 months &  i'll prob do it))

THANKS FOR COMING FOR THE RIDE!

(pst! read my other tom holland books, they're all happy endings, unlike this one)