Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The club was almost finished being fixed, the safety inspector was booked to arrive that afternoon and the hygiene inspection was a couple of hours after that. All Faye needed to do before they arrived was clear up the new bar of all the dust, sweep everywhere around the bar; oh and check every camera available to her to track the black van before the police figured out a way to get in contact with her.

After cleaning, she settled in her recliner in front of her computers and hacked into every camera around the park mid-afternoon the day before.

It took a while to find the right camera at the right moment when Ellie was kidnapped and still Faye took the cameras back further to the south gate to find the black van waiting and maybe get a better view of the kidnapper but when she rewound the south gate camera, the van didn’t arrive until five minutes before the kidnapper dragged Ellie into the back.

The driver was wearing a black hoodie that covered his face as he got out the van and with his head down; he left the van running just as the kidnapper dragged Ellie into camera.

She might not have known where the kidnapper started but at least she could follow him from all the cameras.

She followed the van to the end of the street and then onto the first set of traffic lights with the traffic light camera, then again two streets down with a cash machine camera and a third time just at the top of the screen of a fast food restaurant. With all the camera’s Faye actually thought she could at least get the license plate but all the cameras were either at the wrong angle or were a very poor quality.

The van seemed to travel back and forth for some time, passing several cameras; some police cameras, some cash point cameras and some that were inside buildings looking out and Faye watched every single one to keep an eye on the van.

When she switched back to the same camera three times, she was starting to wonder if she was even following the right van any more. But she was too quick to jump to conclusions, at a drop off point behind the stores; the van stopped behind a dirty white van and pulled Ellie out. Opening the side door to the other van, the kidnapper grabbed a large roll of duct tape and bound her arms and feet together so she couldn’t struggled and stuck a large strip across her mouth and threw her in the back and then jumped in the front before driving off.

She growled in frustration when she completely lost sight of this new white van. There was no sight on any of the cameras the other side of the alley and from where they had parked up there was only one camera that worked at all.

Someone knocked of the back door of the club, making Faye jump and clutch her chest. Colin was meant to be looking for Ellie Rochester so she at least knew it wasn’t him giving her a heart attack. She switched on the small screen that came with the security camera she installed at the back door of the club for such occasions and found Abby looking nervous at the door. “We’re closed,” she said through the built in crackly speaker.

“Faye let me in,” Abby demanded and looked up at the camera trying to look menacing but she was wearing a pink fluffy jumper that was as far from scary as a bunny.

“We’re still closed,” Faye repeated in a bored tone and went back to working on the cameras.

“Faye Sparrow, if you don’t let me in, I’m going to phone Elaine and have her let me in and I might pop into the police station while I am at it.”

Faye stopped and leant back in her chair to scowl at her friend; see this was exactly why she didn’t tell Abby in the first place, she was going to hold that to Faye for the rest of her life. “What do you want Abby?” she sighed finally, she wasn’t going up stairs for nothing.