Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Sam came to a screeching halt behind Visualize, the party inside was already in full swing when they parked so no-one was really watching them pull up behind.

Abby jumped out the car after Sam to check if the coast was clear, so far no-one had stopped them but the longer they had to wait for others, the more blood Faye was likely to lose. Sam went around the back while Abby was on watch and scooped Faye into his arms and waited for Abby’s all clear signal.

The wait was intense while Abby was waiting for Percy to stagger away back to the bar with a large crate of beer. Sam jumped and flinched at every passing car, expecting the police to catch him and does like they did in the movies; put a spot light on him and he would freeze to the spot, but this was real and it scared him even more to think about what could happen.

Percy finally went back to the bar and Abby waved Sam over, waving him in and followed quickly after him to punch in the code for the lair and switched on all the lights for him as he staggered with Faye in his arms.

Together they cleared a space on a table top, knocking everything to the floor without a care about what it was and placed Faye gently on top. “Okay,” Sam sighed and handed Abby back her coat to roll up under Faye’s head while he inspected all the damage. “Okay, everything seems to be flesh wounds but they are very deep, a few stitched should do; I hope. But if she goes into shock we could have a problem.”

“What do you need me to do?” Abby asked, she needed something to do instead of watching and waiting.

“Go back to my car, in the boot will be a medical kit; can you go fetch it for me, and while you’re up stairs get some hand sanitizer and gloves.”

Abby ran up the stairs with the list in her head while Sam stayed behind and turned Faye onto her side to inspect the rest of the damage. “I told you, you shouldn’t have shot up that creep from the posh area,” he muttered as he counted eight deep cuts on her back and thighs and another four on her chest as well as a little split in her lip seemed to colour all of her chin red and a small needle mark in her neck that made all her veins around it turn black. “This reminds me of medical school,” he mused and he tried rubbing gently at the dried blood on Faye’s chin to help clean her up a little.

“Why do you have a medical kit in your boot?” Abby asked as she appeared on the stairs with a large bag in her hands and quickly rushed over to his side.

“I’ve started carrying one around after you told me about Faye,” Sam replied and without taking his eyes off Faye he opened the bag and rooted around for a needle and a small vile of painkiller. “Do you know what blood type she is?” he asked while he sorted the painkiller shot.

“Why do you need to know her blood type?” Abby asked while the colour drained from her face as she watched Sam inject Faye. “I think I’m going to sit down,” she whispered and suddenly collapsed into a chair by the desk while her head was swimming.

“She’s lost a lot of blood, we can’t let her bleed out and she might need professional attention if she goes into shock.”

“I don’t know,” Abby moaned and covered her eyes when he pulled out a needle and medical thread from the bag.

“A positive,” a third voice answered making the others jump and glare at the stairs. “The doctors asked the same question when she was attacked,” Colin explained as he stepped stiffly down the last few steps.

“You said if I didn’t hang around then you wouldn’t arrest me,” Abby snapped as she strode over to meet him at the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m not here to arrest you,” he said half heartedly, he couldn’t take his eyes off Faye but he fished in his pocket for Abby’s phone and handed it over to her. “You should have switched her phone off when you got her.”