Chapter 14

Chapter 14

There was nothing to do with kidnappings for weeks and no matter how many files Faye looked through behind Colin's back, there didn't seem any mention of Mistress D or any sort of group in that kind of...business. She was starting to wonder if Tate's story was just a one off and actually had nothing to do with Shannon's kidnapping.

In that time Faye brought in two more drug dealers and an arms dealer, all with the help from Abby and occasionally from Sam; it surprised both Faye and Abby that he knew how to use a gun and use it well. Each time they didn't know the man in the drawing and when Faye asked about planned kidnappings by a group of women, they laughed and told her that women don't make plans like that for money.

After another night arrest, Faye decided to walk back to the bungalow through the centre park with her scarf wrapped around her waist like a belt over her knives, hair pulled up and get coat half open so at least she looked as if she was on a stroll, not coming away from a raid.

She felt a hand on her waist and was pulled into a sweat smelling man with grease stains on his ratty shirt and denim jacket. “Hello sweet thing,” he hissed causing Faye to gag from the stench of his breath inches from her face while she tried to pull away from him. “Fancy spending the night rocking my world?”

“Remove your hand before I break it,” Faye hissed back and pushed him away and walked away quickly. She was already planning on having a steaming hot shower once she got in to get rid of the feeling of the slime ball all over her.

She heard something whistle but when she turned she only got a glimpse of the dead branch that was being swung at her head before everything went black.

Her head was swimming with dark shapes as she fought to open her eyes. She felt a weight sitting on her and large hands roaming around her body. For a moment she thought she was back in the bungalow with Colin but the smell of sweat, grease and cigarettes made her gag and the strength to fight back.

“What have you got these for?” he asked while Faye squirmed under him; it only excited him more when she fought against him. He tugged out one of the knives and traced the cold blunt edge across her cheek and down her neck, nicking the neck of her shirt and he traced it further down her body.

“Get off me,” Faye screamed and shuddered against the feel of her blade before swatting it away. She couldn’t see him properly apart from the great big shadow over her. She pushed the knife away with one hand and her attacker with the other, trying to gain some room to move or knock him off.

He grabbed her hands in one hand and pinned them over her head at a painful angle and leant closer and ran the flat of the blade under her shirt and across her stomach. “Once I’ve had my fill of you, I’ll leave you to find your own way home; you’ll never see me again,” he hissed as he ground his hips against hers, “Unless you are very good,” he said as an afterthought.

Faye choked on a sob and her eyes burnt with the tears that streamed down the sides of her face. “My boyfriend is a detective, he’ll hunt you down,” she breathed, her voice shook with fear as she kept thinking over and over that she was stronger than this, she wasn’t going to get raped by a creep after putting so many of them away before but her fear made her a jabbering mess.

He laughed at her and pressed the blade harder against her stomach, cutting into the muscle of her abs. “Don’t threaten me, I don’t fear the police,” he grumbled.

Then Faye finally found clarity and relaxed for a second and slowly brought her leg up to place the flat of her foot on the ground beside him. “You’re right, it’s not the police you should be worried about,” she said calmly, “It’s the Confessor you should be worried about.”