Chapter 5: Full-On Commander

Chapter 5: Full-on Commander

Evie was busy doing more of Cling Wrap's homework ignoring my comments against it. Mal was sitting on the bed flipping through the spell book trying to find another way to get the wand now that P.J. was a complete fail. Carlos was sitting on the floor at the end of Mal's bed on the computer with Dude laying by his side. I was sitting at the edge of Mal's bed talking to Carlos.

"200?" Carlos asked.

"Yup," I replied smiling. I finally managed to sneak away from the four slave drivers to spend some time of the day to astral project and hang with the others. I asked how the hair business was going and Carlos had no idea of what I was talking about, so I had to explain it to him.

"Don't you feel a little bad cheating the girl out of her money?" Evie asked jokingly.

"Oh, go prick your finger on a spinning wheel," I replied rolling my eyes and making her laugh, "these kids are spoiled with the money they're given by their parents. The only thing mother has given me is life and I'm still waiting on that curse of a refund." Carlos shook her head and Evie rolled her eyes. The door suddenly opened and Jay came in flaunting his blue and gold Jersey with his name and the number eight on it. I let out a squeal jumping out of my seat and running over to him.

"Hey!" Carlos smiled right as I jumped into his arms.

"Oh my father! You made the team?!" I said excited, "I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you!" Jay lifted me off the ground crushing me in a big bear hug as he carried me across the room.

"Yeah, He said I was playing in the first game," Jay said excited as he spun me around.

"Hey!" Mal said snapping out of her book, "we're on a mission! Focus!" Jay set me down as he turned to look at her killing his excitement about making the team and becoming serious.

"Hey, chill, Mal," I frowned, "What's the harm in bringing the snobs down from their altar by having fun beating them in their own game while completing the mission?"

"No, she's right," Jay replied, "so did the plan work with Jane? Are we going to see the wand?"

"Do you think I'd be going through every single spell in this book if I didn't completely struck out?" Mal snapped at him.

"Oh, someone's in a bad mood," Carlos replied.

"Good observation, Sherlock," I laughed.

"My mom is counting on me!" Mal said exasperated flicking Carlos in the back of the head, "my mom's counting on me, I can't let her down." I walked over to Mal who was still flipping through the book. I sat on the bed beside her as I wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"We can do this!" Jay said turning to look at all of us, "if we stick together."

"And we won't go back until we do," Mal replied, "cause we're rotten"

"To the core," the rest of us finished.

"Oh yeah, I found out Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go," Evie replied, "I have nothing to wear, of course." I waited for her to realize how important the info she just gave was. Mal's mouth fell open. There was a sudden knock on the door. "What?" Evie looked at Mal and me confused as to why we were staring at her. I face palmed.

"Hold that thought," Mal replied getting off the bed to get the door. She opened the door wide enough for the rest of us to see Princey standing there looking a bit nervous.

"Hey Mal," Princey said sounding nervous as well, "I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering if you guys had any questions or anything that you needed."