Chapter 15: Bitter Way to End the Day

Phi was already going onto her first month and she was growing strong. I personally decided to take care of Phi. Although, because of what my life was like, I couldn't stay in the house all day. I kept her warm in a sheet that I made as a baby carrier on my back. I always made sure she was covered. I've been working with Drizzy on making uniforms for the kids. I'd spend some time at Ursula's Fish 'n Chips. It's always fun to see Uma's face when I have her hold Phi for a second. We were currently all out on the field. The kids were trying out the few uniforms we had done. The uniforms were different. Some were made of grey fabric with orange writing and stitching, where as others were made of orange fabric and had grey stitching and writing. I wanted the uniforms to represent us as a unit and not anything to do with our parents. In this world of black and white, we were the gray. Drizzy suggested the orange so our uniforms wouldn't be so bland. I liked the idea because orange was our color. It was also the color of Phi's hair. I put orange highlights in my hair when the blue started washing out. Uma was actually here hanging out with me today as the kids were practicing for the first time in their uniforms.

"How much longer do you expect me to stand out here?" Uma replied after I finished calling out positions.

"Oh, come on, U, fresh air without the taste of seawater would do you some good," I replied smiling.

"I don't even understand the point of this game," U replied. "all you do is fight to get the ball across a field. What's the point?"

"What's the point of ruling the entire Isle if you can't stop to enjoy one afternoon with a friend?" I replied turning to face her spreading my arms out. "Come on, U. If the game's so simple, how about a game? Pick a team, and we'll see if you can put your money where your mouth is." The kids gathered around me looking at Uma excited. Uma looked at me with an eyebrow raised trying to analyze my face to see if I was joking or not. I smirked at her. "Come on, U. Wouldn't be like you to back down from a challenge."

"You're on," She replied as she took off her sword and sheathe from her waist laying it on the floor.

"I'll take care of Phi for you, Holly," Joan replied making me smile. I lowered down and she and Clara helped take her off my back.

"Seeing as you're new, I'll let you pick your team first," I replied smiling as the kids lined up around us to be left to our choices.

Narrator

In Auradon

Mal and Ben's Date

Mal's room

Mal gathered some of her things inside a small bag as tears ran down her face. She frustratingly poked holes in a small rectangular cardboard box.

"I don't belong here," She cried holding a hand to her face. She grabbed the box and walked over to the little glass tank her mother was in. She took a deep breath. "Okay." She opened up the tank and pulled out her mom placing her in the box. "Okay, okay, let's blow this popsicle stand." She closed the box noticing the astral ring on her finger. "I'm coming home, Li." She put the box in her bag before walking out the door.