Chapter 17

Above is Kiyomi Kuran.

The Forgetful King and
His Grieving Princess

"Like this Father?" Ren held out a knife and an onion. Zero looked over at Ren and smiled.

"Not exactly..." Zero took the knife and onion and set it down, showing Ren how to chop it.

Yuki walked in and smiled at the lovely sight of her family. "I hate to interrupt but... today's the day the furnace will be put out. Ruka just called me. She and Kiyomi are already there."

"Aw... cant we eat first." Ren groaned.

"Ren... you realize this is the first time we will meet Uncle Kaname... right..." Ai commented with a frown.

"He'll still be there!" Ren complained half jokingly. Zero gave Ren a look and he reluctantly went to go change. As did Ai.
Yuki smiled and hugged Zero.

"Are you ok?" Zero asked.

"Yes. Im just nervous... I havent seen onii-sama in so long. And... Ruka plans to take her own life to turn him human. So he can see the light as I did once. At first I didnt agree. But now... is that bad?"

"What?"

"I agree to Rukas death to bring back my brother."

"Not to mention you also agreed to take in Kiyomi."

"You said you were ok with that." Yuki looked up at Zero.

"I am. It must be hard on her, losing Akasuki. Now Ruka." Zero looked over at the direction of Ai and Ren.

"Hey." Yuki placed her hands on Zeros face. "Whats wrong?"

"I was just thinking how painful it would be to lose any of you. I dont think I could handle it."

Yuki raised herself by the tips of her toes abd kissed Zero. "Dont worry about that. You wont lose anyone."

"Aw gross. Get a room." Ai said jokingly as she entered the room. Ren behind her.

"Oh shut it." Zero smirked.

"You guys ready?" Yuki asked.

"Yeah." Ai and Ren said simultaneously.

°°°°

Zero, Yuki, Ai, and Ren walked into the place where Kaname slept to see Kiyomi sitting next to her sleeping father ontop of a coffin. She looked over at the four to reavel her teary eyes. She stood up and wiped her tears. "Oh! Aunt Yuki, Uncle Zero... I didnt know youd be here."

"What do you mean... of course wed be here." Yuki walked over to Kiyomi with her arms out to her, offering a hug. Kiyomi excepted.

"So... this is Uncle Kaname..." Ai noted as she took a sip of her juice box.

"Its weird to see him out of the ice." Ren commented.

"Yeah..." Kiyomi said.

"Hes waking up..." Zero added as he realized his eyes opening.

"Welcome home... Onii-sama..." Yuki mumbled to herself.

°°°°

(Sorry for the blurriness, Idk why its like that)

Ai slowly opened the door to see Kaname sitting infront of a window staring at the night. "Um... hello?" She spoke clearing her throat.

"Hello!" Kaname turned his head, excited to have guests.

"Um...I am Ai... your.. neice... and this is your nephew, Ren." Ai and Ren bowed. Kaname starred at his hand and placed it infront of his chest, and bowed as they did.

Ren giggled, Ai elbowed him in the gut. "Oof! Whatd you do that for?!"

"Youre being rude!"

Kaname smiled. "Nice to meet you, Ai, Ren. You are the children of my sister? Correct? And Kiyomi?"

"No, Kiyomi is your child." Ren corrected.

"Right." Kaname smiled and looked back out the window.

"What should we say?" Ai whispered to Ren.

"I dont know. But hes human right and has no memory... maybe he has questions." Ren whispered back.

"You know, I can hear you right?" Kaname smirked. Ai and Ren blushed slightly at his shocking confidence. "Yes I do have questions."

"Oh well what ar- "

"Ai. Ren. Leave O- Kaname alone. I think hes had enough for one day." Yuki walked in and directed her children to the door. "Sorry about that Kaname."

"No no. Its fine. I enjoyed thier company." Kaname smiled at Yuki. Yuki stared at her brother. He was a different person. He had no fear. No sadness. No guilt. He seemed almost blissful. "I find it a tad dissapointing that you are my sister."

Yuki shook her head and focused. "Huh?! Why?"

"Because you are a truely beautiful woman. Is it wrong to have these thoughts?"

Yukis eyes stared wide at her brother. She felt herself blush. "Well... no... I was born to be your wife. Back then, you did have feelings for me but I- "

"Youre heart belongs to the man with the silver hair? Yes?" Kaname kept the smile on his face, and meant it. It was bewildering to Yuki.

Yuki sighed and smiled. "Yeah. My heart will always belong to Zero."

Kaname looked out the window again. Yuki started to leave but Kaname spoke again. "I can feel a small part of myself... it lusts for a woman. But not you... its..."

"Ruka." Yuki simply stated.

"Ruka?"

"Ill tell you of Ruka tommorow with Kiyomi. But for now. Just rest." Yuki smiled and walked out of the door. As she lightly closed it she felt arms wrap around her waist into a hug. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah. I was just..." Zero stared at the door. "Nothing. Nevermind."

Yuki turned to face Zero while still in his embrace. "No. Dont do that. Whats wrong?"

Zero sighed. "I overheard your conversation with Kaname. Even in his state... he has feelings for you. But I guess I cant blame him." Zero took Yukis chin in his hand. "You are truely beautiful."

°°°°

To Be Continued >>>