Chapter 18

Family Ties

Kiyomi walked around the front of the Kuran Mannor. Yuki, Zero, Ai, and Ren, Were staying there till Kaname got used to the world around him. Kiyomi stopped at the cemetary. She nelt down to her mothers grave. And placed a flower. "Its no fair. Kaname got to be seen for 1000 years and then he was brought back. Now all you have is a picture... and a grave full of your ashes." Kiyomi choked the last few words and covered her face as she cried.

"You know, Aunt Ruka would say somthing like, 'Its not proper for a lady to cry in public'." Ren nelt next to Kiyomi and placed a rose at Rukas grave and then another rose at Akasukis grave. "I know Im not your favorite cousin. But... I couldnt leave you to cry all on your own." Ren placed his arm around Kiyomi and she hugged him and stopped crying.

"Thank you." She murmured.

"Im sorry that I was so stupid, all those years ago Kiyomi. Im sorry that Im the reason Uncle Akasu- "

"Ren."

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

"Ok..." -._-.

°°°°

980+ years ago.

"Ren! Idiot! Get back here!" Yelled Kiyomi as Ren ran down the street.

"Aw cmon! I want to go to the noodle shop my mother and father always talk about!" Ren waved his arms in the air as he walked backwards.

"Ren." Ai spoke calmly.

"Sorry..." Ren faced the correct way and started walking slower.

"This is our first mission as Gaurdians and I dont want to mess up" Kiyomi huffed.

"Relax. I wont do anything stupid." Said Ren walking backwards again. He tripped but was quickly caught by a broad chest. He backed away quickly and bowed. "Im so sorry sir!"

"Oh... its quite alright." Said the man with an evil grin. Reavling fangs and red eyes.

"Level E." Ai noted. Pulling out her small dagger. She clicked the end button and it swang it out into a sword.

Kiyomi took out three ninja stars and placed them between her fingers. Ren backef up further to be closer to his twin and cousin. Ren took out a gun that was similar to Zeros but it had a black handle and a smaller end. Its real name was Aries but he called BloodyRoseJr. Or BRJ.

"My. How scary." The level E with dark hair that covered his eyes smirked.

"Have you happend to kill three teenage girls in the past week?" Kiyomi asked.

The level E gasped sarcasticly. "Me?! How could I do such a thing?!" The level E chuckled.

"Youre a terrible actor." Ren spat.

The level E pulled a sword from his coat and swung it around. "Come at me. Vampire."

"A level E that wields a anti-vampire weapon?! How?" Kiyomi asked.

"Its rare. Our father is a level D, and wields an anti-vampire weapon." Ai commented.

"Yes. But he is a former hunter, born from a hunter blood line. Thats why he can." Ren noted.

"That must mean this was a hunter who was turned?" Kiyomi asked.

"Its possible." Ren stated.

"Enough with the chit-chat." The level e groaned. "Yes I am a former hunter. Which means Ive been trianed to kill vampires." The level E grinned.