Chapter 18

I felt just like a kid again, talking to the guys felt just like I was playing in the streets, riding our bikes, watching scary films with them, the years we spent not hanging out, slowly melted away as we caught up in the back of the limo, and when we came to a halt we were laughing and joking like old times.

The limo door was opened by a tall man in a suit, tail coat and black top hat "welcome, ladies and gentlemen" he said tipping his hat as we climbed out.
Tom held out his hand to help me out and I stared at his features. His hair as a child was a bright blonde but over the years it had slowly faded to brown that was a wavy but styled mess on his head. He had matching brown eyes with faint freckles under them and lightly dotted around his cheeks, his smile was warm and charming as he showed off his straight gleaming white teeth.
"You getting out or what?" He said smirking, my cheeks flushed red, slightly embarrassed that he'd noticed me staring.

I took his open hand and looked up at the venue as he help me out the car.
The place that was chosen to be a venue for this years prom was a large 17th, perhaps 18th, century castle, the sort that would usually be found in fairytales and books. The type that had two turrets at either end and a huge doorway where my year had already started flooding in.

The teachers attempted to control everyone as we positioned ourselves on the staircase for a picture, I stood next to the girls with Tom and Cameron standing behind us, Toms hand resting around my waist. We smiled as the photographer snapped the picture and then everyone dispersed into the main hall.

Once I'd made it in, the dance floor was filled with people dancing to songs that had came out during the years we were at school. I clutched onto Alex and Lauren's hand as dragged them into the crowd so we could dance like we'd never danced before, looking crazy as we did so, but who cares, I'll never see these people again, I reassured myself.

After around half an hour of dancing and jumping, I finally admitted that my feet were hurting in my stupidly high heels and told the girls I was going to the restroom to freshen up. When I got there I was surprised that my hair hadn't fallen out and my make up haven't traveled south down my face.
With a small smile, I turn from the mirror and make my way back to the main hall.

It didn't occur to me how big, not to mention complex, the castle actually was and when I turned down yet another corridor that I swear I'd been down before, I came to the conclusion that I was lost. And the night was going so well.
I'd usually love exploring and wandering, but after I wandered around countless room and halls, including a library that must have contained every book written and a game room with the biggest pool table I'd ever seen, it was starting to get tedious knowing that I was missing the fun. With another twist and turn I found myself standing in front of a winding set of stairs My logical mind reminded me that I shouldn't change floor because I could get even more lost, but my curiosity took the better of me. The round curve of the wall suggested I was at the base of one of the turret, so I went up the stairs to find myself in a small round room with a single open window.

I shivered slightly in my dress but made my way over to the window, my arms leaning on the edge, my eyes staring out. The sky had rapidly turned dark since we'd arrived and the trees that surround the grounds were difficult to make out in the darkness.

This is it, I thought, the official end of my school life. Over the years so much had happened. My wrist held a constant reminder of the personal pain I went through, although I stopped doing it to myself, realising that I wasn't helping anything, the scars were still there, and would probably be for a long time. And in the middle of the chaos on my arm was my silver clover bracelet.