Chapter 13

-------------------------

The time I had left in my house grew shorter and shorter till it was finally the morning I had to leave and fly to a whole new place.
By morning I mean 2 am. Of course the one time I had to be up early and should be getting to sleep earlier, I just couldn't sleep. I'd tossed and turned, flipped the pillow round a few times, but I'd given up.

There was something nagging in my head that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was like I needed to write something, put my feelings into words in order to figure out what to do.
I threw off the bed covers and pulled a notebook from my backpack which was packed and ready for when I needed to leave at 7am. I wrote a few things down, in sort of poem form and thought up a tune that it could go to.
Within the space of a few minutes I'd wrote a song, it wasn't very good and needed a lot of work but it was a start. I couldn't hide that the fact that it was about Niall, but i just needed to write what I was feeling down, and I think I found my outlet, I scribbled the name of it at the top of the page, wherever you are, sounded alright. I snuggled back down into bed hoping that this time I would be able to sleep.

Still no. I turned to the side and flicked the switch on my lamp, illuminating the now bare room. That's the only way I could describe it, bare. All the qualities that made it my own were stripped away, only my bed and little wardrobe stood alone in the corner. The rest of my life was packed in suitcases and boxes, some already arrived at our new home ten thousand miles away.

I was debating on writing Niall a letter, I mean it would probably go along the lines of, fuck you, and what did I even do to you. Just a tad passive aggressive, but i shook my head, that was terrible idea, he would notice my handwriting and rip it into shreds not bothering to read it.
It still didn't make sense to me why he did it to me. And that was the worse part, if he told me that we should brake up or something I would have understood, yes I'd be heartbroken but he'd have a reason. It was just I never got an explanation. Did he find someone else? Someone that wasn't so far away? I'd seen all the girls on the X factor and they were all beautiful and amazing singers, they all were confident, nothing like me.
Fuck, I'd been trying to stop thinking about it but my brain just goes into a spiral and I can't stop it from falling deeper and deeper.
By the time I realised I'd been looking out the window daydreaming about my new life in Australia, my alarm went off notifying me that it was time for me to get ready to go.

I grabbed my bag of toiletries and brought it into the bathroom.
I stepped into the shower letting the warm streams of water wash away my worries and making sure my hair stayed as dry as much as I could. After what seemed like an eternity but in reality only about 10 mins I got out and dried myself. I decided on my long hair to be let down and it was kinda wet and it was much easier to let in air dry than to find my hair dryer out of one of my large suitcases.

My flight would take around a full day, so last night I decided that I might as well wear something comfortable so I pulled on my nirvana jumper and grey sweatpants. I pulled the clover necklace and bracelet from under my pillow and clasp them around my neck and wrist. Last night I'd also picked out some black and white vans to wear, but I know as soon as I get on the plane I'm putting on my slipper socks cause they're super comfy and I find it makes flying way better.

I threw the final things in my backpack like my phone and iPod and sat down on my bed. Even though it wouldn't be the last time I'm here since my grandparents are moving in, it still felt weird that I wouldn't wake up in this room every morning. I'd lived in this house all my life, I could walk around the place with my eyes closed and not walk into any wall, I'd probably stub my toe on something though, I do that with my eyes open.
Mum had been gushing about our new house for the last week, talking about how massive and amazing it was compared to this one. She also mentioned that my room was so big I could fit in my own kingsize bed and I even have a ensuite and walk in wardrobe. That does sound incredible, my room here can hardly fit my single bed in, but deep down I knew that this house would always be my home.